Are you more into the old or new style?

DarkSoul

The Enemy Of All
May 17, 2002
MTL, Qc
Visit site
I cant help but love LFDGD... of course i really like the old DODS tunes but even Without God doesnt begin to compare with Chrome, Dispossession, TFOS and Clean Today. but thats my opinion, what do you think?

I think i really like the newer stuff better. If i want doomier then theres always October tide or Diabolical Masquerade:D

The difference between "Dance...." with "Last fair deal.." is veeeeeeeeery big.......... like it's an other band...... and I see it like that........ two different era's two different bands.....
I prefere the older stuff but, I also like their last albums very fucking much!

Originally posted by Dionysos
The difference between "Dance...." with "Last fair deal.." is veeeeeeeeery big.......... like it's an other band...... and I see it like that........ two different era's two different bands.....
I prefere the older stuff but, I also like their last albums very fucking much!

Yeah, I agree that they sound as if it's two seperate bands almost, but Ander's guitars are just so fucking cool and distinct that I can see a relation.

BTW, cool quote you havve there. When I read it, I was predicting that the last word would be 'faith', and yet that almost seems synonymous with 'illusion'. Do you know who wrote it?

Originally posted by Dreamlord
old style, hands down. TD and LFDGD are boring to me.

It's too bad you think that, but maybe, at least according to what Anders has mentioned about the upcoming album, you might be pleased (I somehow doubt it though. He mentions that it'll be way harder, with double-kick and all, but I would bet that it would be just another great progression from LFDGD... hopefully. Katatonia just doesn't seem like the band that'll return to old roots, and I personally they don't).

subj: new ( 29 old)
subj: old ( when I was 19 old )
Dance of souls was perfect for my tastes in years ago, but now I think its PoS, sorry. I become older with my favorite artists ( Katatonia, Dan Swano), their sound become softer & softer and I like this. I won't see Anders in corpsepaint anymore...

I only have DOTDS and LFDGD

Personally I like death /black metal more than anything.

BUT in this case the new material sounds fresh and solid. DOTDS is just a little to repetitve to me. If I want medelic death I'll always have Opeth.

I go for the new style

Personally, I see 3 eras of Katatonia, Brave Murder Day was very different from Dance of the December Souls IMO, I like the current style the most, but the BMD era is very close.

Originally posted by ColdDarkNord
subj: new ( 29 old)
subj: old ( when I was 19 old )
Dance of souls was perfect for my tastes in years ago, but now I think its PoS, sorry. I become older with my favorite artists ( Katatonia, Dan Swano), their sound become softer & softer and I like this. I won't see Anders in corpsepaint anymore...

It's completely opposite for me. As I get older, I'm listening to harder and more brutal music. It's such a shame that most bands wimp out as they get older. Bring the brutality. :)