ARK back together?

Posted on Friday, August 28, 2009 at 14:08:35 EST on Bravewords.com:

ARK, the progressive Anglo-Norwegian outfit featuring guitarist Tore Østby (ex-CONCEPTION), drummer John Macaluso (YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, TNT, RIOT) and singer Jorn Lande (currently MASTERPLAN), along with noted bassist Randy Coven, has apparently not only reactivated, but is already in the process of putting together material for a third album.

A posting by Macaluso states, "We are back together writing songs for the new record. Back in action for real! Tore is coming here to New York in September. We will finally finish writing the third Ark album. This is going to be sick. I have never been more psyched to do a record."

Johnny Mac should know, his recording credits are voluminous, check them out here.

Stay tuned for further updates.

Posted on Friday, August 28, 2009 at 14:08:35 EST on Bravewords.com:

ARK, the progressive Anglo-Norwegian outfit featuring guitarist Tore Østby (ex-CONCEPTION), drummer John Macaluso (YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, TNT, RIOT) and singer Jorn Lande (currently MASTERPLAN), along with noted bassist Randy Coven, has apparently not only reactivated, but is already in the process of putting together material for a third album.

A posting by Macaluso states, "We are back together writing songs for the new record. Back in action for real! Tore is coming here to New York in September. We will finally finish writing the third Ark album. This is going to be sick. I have never been more psyched to do a record."

Johnny Mac should know, his recording credits are voluminous, check them out here.

Stay tuned for further updates.

Thanks for the info, now it sounds really promising :cool:

I never really got Ark. I have the first CD and never understood what the big deal about it was. Frustrating for me, because I'm a fan of Jorn and Tore's works in other contexts.

Well you never understood the big deal 'cause you haven't heard Burn the Sun.

The self titled is still a masterpiece in itself, though, so you're probably just crazy for not liking it.

Johnny Mac commented on his facebook status that it would be a new singer and not Jorn. "It need to happen" I think was his comment about the singer.

I hope they don't go with a generic Jorn clone, if they do want to keep the same style of vocals Bjorn Jannsen would be the best guy to go with, I think.

Oh my friggin sweet christ

:worship:notworthy:worship:notworthy:worship:notworthy

This just made my month - AMAZING news

When I spoke to Johnny Mac after his clinic at PP it seemed like the chances of them getting back together was NIL

This is really really great news

And my thoughts regarding Jorn are in line with Zod's - the guys standing has deifnitely dropped in my eyes but his voice IS ARK and what they did together was truly outstanding.

(fingers crossed for PP next year)

And my thoughts regarding Jorn are in line with Zod's - the guys standing has deifnitely dropped in my eyes but his voice IS ARK and what they did together was truly outstanding.

Nope.

What they did was outstanding, but when I think ARK, I think Tore fucking Ostby. Same deal with Conception.