Armored Saint DVD !!!!!!!!!

TD

HAS INTEGRITY
The long awaited DVD release of A Trip Thru Red Times (1982-1990) is in my palms! I will post up some thoughts on the bonus footage after I view it. I forgot about this coming out actually....it's funny, school was cancelled due to inclimate weather, so I woke up late, walked uptown for brunch, decided to stop into the record shop, and my bud was like "Hey, I've got a Tyman DVD back here" I was like "kick ass, my afternoon is set!!!"

Ty!

You lucky bastard! I ordered mine thru DVD Planet & it still hasn't shipped. And I know our local weenie record stores won't have it!!!

The other night I looked at the VHS version of said video, and it reminded me of why I love these guys so much. And the Dave Prichard solo from "Book of Blood" kicks major ass!!!

I was at the AS website a few days ago, and trolled over to the AS Yahoo store, but when i tried to order, to my chagrin, there was no "Put in the Cart" button!!

The horror of it all!

Let us know what you think of the new footage!

.......... the new stuff is worth the price of admission alone ($18 US is what forked over:p ) Here is what you get:

The promotional videos for "Reign of Fire," and "Last Train Home" I haven't seen those since the HBB many moons ago. VH1 showed a snippet of "Reign" when Anthrax were on Where are they Now, but that doesn't count. Man, it was cool seeing those old vids. You can definitely tell that Bush is the biggest partier in the group, when you compare modern day JB to 1991/92 JB (sorry brat!!)

The one hour "interview" and slide show. This is cool. They essentially interview themselves (with Bush doing most of the talking, go figure:D ) but it is very candid, not like most "documentaries" that make a band sound bigger than life during the highlights, and nearly suicidal during downtime (ala BTM) I was sitting in my living room drinking tea w/ the fireplace cranked and the snow falling outside, and it was like having the Saints in your living room with you. They went thru a lot of the fan questions that they advertised on the site. It was chronological, and very insightful. Who they toured with, what went on with the labels, why were there no videos for any Chrysalis songs after "Can U Deliver" etc, etc. You'll learn some cool stuff, such as Motley Crue funding the first Saint EP (indirectly) and other cool stuff.

There are some more live clips, including pro-shot stuff from Minneapolis.

The original "Trip" stuff has been cleaned up a little (the aspect ratio is the same) and the sound is in 5.1 so it's killer, except for the bootleg stuff is still bootleg:lol: so the sound isn't that great, but it's louder!!

John Bush has a cool cameo in the interactive menu! Also, I think the new JB look w/ the Lew Alcindor mutton chops makes him look like Wolverine!

AND THE BIGGEST NEWS OF ALL................
ALL NEW FULL LENGTH SAINT ALBUM IN 2004
this word came straight from the DVD.
Hopefully they will tour.