arn't Katatonia Brilliant!!

Her own Pride said:
I have to just give them an ego boost, over the years they have uplifted me in the most depressing of times, quite frankly this band made crying a reason to live.

I fell like a turd because I say it so often!!
Many of my friends think Im stupid because Im all obsessed and shit, but they didnt grow up with Katatonia as the soundtrack to their life. I can justify the insane amounts of money I have spent collecting Katatonia stuff because of the impact they have had on my life.

What kind of stuff do you have???

I just have their albums and a t-shirt.

And Yes Katatonia are great...Saw them live 2 weeks ago. Have you ever seen them live?

Illnath said:
What kind of stuff do you have???

I just have their albums and a t-shirt.

And Yes Katatonia are great...Saw them live 2 weeks ago. Have you ever seen them live?

I will be updating my list of Katatonia stuff on the Katatonia collection thread later this evening if I have time. As for seeing them live- I saw them on June 4, 2004 at the Odeon Club in Cleveland Ohio. It was incredible. A friend of mine taped it and I have made a DVD of it. It is really good. I also have about 140 pics of the show and will be posting the link when I get it all set up. Many of the pics need some photoshopping to be at the level of perfection I would like to have for my favorite band.
I don envy you for having seen them just 2 weeks ago.rock

"soundtrack of my life" ... that may fit to me, too.
Though I must say, I'm not so old... but my age in relation to 6 years "knowing Katatonia" it's quite long.

I have just seen them one time live, this year on Summer Breeze and I suddenly started crying, unaware of being laughed at from the press people around me.
It was it worth. Of course it was.

+.+

Her own Pride said:
I have to just give them an ego boost, over the years they have uplifted me in the most depressing of times, quite frankly this band made crying a reason to live.

yes, same here!
I feel their music and lyrics have a therapeutic power on me...I really need to listen to Katatonia, especially when I'm down...they really helped me out in many situations of my life and I feel I will never stop listening to them!

my dying groom said:
I wouldn't have expected anything else from those arrogant pricks.

Right. Though there are really some nice guyz... but theese ones there were terrible. They stood there, yawning and discussing about private stuff... *argh*

@ether: I can't expect that there might be a time, when I stop listening to them. Impossible.

BloodySwan said:
Right. Though there are really some nice guyz... but theese ones there were terrible. They stood there, yawning and discussing about private stuff... *argh*
Yeah and afterwards they're gonna write a live review about it :puke:

Hell, Katatonia is amazing, i'll drink to that. They sucessfully switched from one sound to another without losing many fans! [given that there's at least one close minded ex fan out there that refuses to think clean Katatonia is worth his money]

In the last 2 years, Katatonia went from being a band I musically admired to a band that achieved enormous personal significance to me. There were times last year when Katatonia CDs were the only form of concellation that I could turn to! I'm sure that some of you can relate to that....every CD reminds me of a different period in my life; it was usually a period that I could not have survived without that particular album.

Deliverance6 said:
I will be updating my list of Katatonia stuff on the Katatonia collection thread later this evening if I have time. As for seeing them live- I saw them on June 4, 2004 at the Odeon Club in Cleveland Ohio. It was incredible. A friend of mine taped it and I have made a DVD of it. It is really good. I also have about 140 pics of the show and will be posting the link when I get it all set up. Many of the pics need some photoshopping to be at the level of perfection I would like to have for my favorite band.
I don envy you for having seen them just 2 weeks ago.rock
...so i guess the question is: Any way you can/will share that dvd-thingy with us?

Her own Pride said:
COuld not agree more....the heer power and emotion contained in Katatonia's music moves me beyond belief...sometimes my friends tell me to shut up because I go on and on, but Katatonia's music has deeply influenced me.

daimonion said:
...so i guess the question is: Any way you can/will share that dvd-thingy with us?

Im really not trying to horde it to myself......Im not sure Anders would approve though....I emailed him about it but he hasnt said if it would be cool or not....I also sent him a copy to see what he thought about the footage...and he has said nothing.....so untill I hear whether its ok or not....no

sorry

Vex Loser said:
In the last 2 years, Katatonia went from being a band I musically admired to a band that achieved enormous personal significance to me. There were times last year when Katatonia CDs were the only form of concellation that I could turn to! I'm sure that some of you can relate to that....every CD reminds me of a different period in my life; it was usually a period that I could not have survived without that particular album.

I can totally relate to that.....I was a herion junky for 8 years so I have been through my share of pain....and Katatonia was always there with me

I've heard Katatonia this summer live in Slovenia, I was so angry because they had to leave early from stage... Though their last song was Murder and Teargas before that. I was not present for at least an hour after the concert, amazed as more than ever :worship: .

Having heard about them was such a coincidence, and from that day on I've gone through all of their CD's and I cna't and can't stop beeing amazed.

It's such an emotional music, and you can find a song for every mood...

I remember listening to the whole Discouraged ones for the first time, also listening to Renkse' s clean vocal for the first time.

It was 3 am, and a big day ahead of me, it made me drop a tear or two for real. I'm looking forward to a day when I'll see them again, Live.

;)

Cheers to all

I saw them this year in Italy... was a show I really enjoyed, and was under impression for some time too... put a CD in the player as soon as I got home (even if it was already early morning)...
They are brilliant indeed ;)