ARRRGGGHH, someone help me get some fucking credit

disagree. credit cards are very useful. especially within the net ;)

yup. only reason to have one as far as im concerned. sometimes you can get sick deals as well. Like a future shop card, which you don`t have to pay interest on for 90 days. then the rate is like 30% after :lol: but if you fork out the cash in 90 days, then you get a sick deal as far as im concerned!!!

I'm European and I have no trouble seeing why credit cards are cool. If I had one, I could walk into the local pub with no money, go to the counter, pull out my Visa and suddenly I could buy everyone a round and still get wasted myself. Brilliant.

Wonder why they didn't approve me a Visa...

You know hoehlentroll.... I'm gonna agree with you. I have 0 cards now. My 1st one was a Discover with a 10k limit, I was 18 or so. I regretted it due to my inability to control my 18 year old mind. Now I use $/cash to strait up buy what I need and completely ignore credit. If I need something online (which is often) I give the cash to a friend or family member and use there card. For some reason they just don't mind the interest when presented with cash. For me and my life style debt=slavery. I owe no one anything. Everything I own is bought and paid for. Sure I have some monthly bills but it's nothing overwhelming.

You know hoehlentroll.... I'm gonna agree with you. I have 0 cards now. My 1st one was a Discover with a 10k limit, I was 18 or so. I regretted it due to my inability to control my 18 year old mind. Now I use $/cash to strait up buy what I need and completely ignore credit. If I need something online (which is often) I give the cash to a friend or family member and use there card. For some reason they just don't mind the interest when presented with cash. For me and my life style debt=slavery. I owe no one anything. Everything I own is bought and paid for. Sure I have some monthly bills but it's nothing overwhelming.

Its an ideal way to live without a doubt. The only problem and disagreement I have with this is that its not all just about credit cards. Sure thats part of the original point to the thread but keep in mind that by building and improving your credit rating, its what you need for things that can go far beyond just having an app for a new card accepted or a lower rate on it, etc ...

You may find yourself in a position where you are thinking of buying a home, or maybe you need a car and don't have the full amount in cash. Sometimes even just trying to get an apartment can be a pain in the ass if you don't have a good credit rating. The point being that while a higher credit rating improves your chances of acquiring these things, it also makes your life easier when your request is not only accepted but you are also given a much better finance rate because of it. Your car is dying and you have the chance to buy a $20,000 vehicle for only $9000. The car is only a year old, maybe the person is getting divorced or moving away ... whatever, its a fantastic deal and you don't have $9000 sitting around in a bank account.

Auto loan .... won't get it without a co-signer unless your rating is good enough. If you do get it without co-signer, finance rate could be a LOT higher unless you manage to really work out a deal with whatever entity is providing the loan. Maybe the auto loan finance rate is just too high to make it worthwhile but a personal loan from a bank could do the trick. You're still gonna need that higher credit rating.

Yes I agree, its all about how long they can keep you under their thumb and ideally speaking to be completely debt free and just pay for things in cash is perfect. Unfortunately not everyone has multiple thousands of dollars sitting around in their accounts ... the trick is being smart about how you involve yourself in anything regarding credit and to know a few little tricks to let you manipulate the situation more in your favor. Again, better credit ratings let you do this more easily and with better results more times than not.

Ok, my brain hurts now :D

Cheers!

Auto loan .... won't get it without a co-signer unless your rating is good enough. If you do get it without co-signer, finance rate could be a LOT higher unless you manage to really work out a deal with whatever entity is providing the loan. Maybe the auto loan finance rate is just too high to make it worthwhile but a personal loan from a bank could do the trick. You're still gonna need that higher credit rating.

Ugh. Quoted for truth. I couldn't find a co signer and ended up with a 24% interest rate. I really wish those piles of metal weren't necessary. :mad:

all the people i know with high credit limits have made all the wrong decisions with credit cards. they will keep letting you get further in debt, and prefer to let you max it out. they know they will get the payment eventually after charging an insane amount of interest. this is how credit agencies rate you on credit... by how much they can make off you :lol:

Yep. That's the way they work!

BTW I have no debt anymore, and they keep raising my limit on my card. One day soon I will be able to purchase a house(studio maybe???) with my card:heh: