Arsis - A celebration of guilt

I saw them with Necrophagist, and I thought they were boring and offered nothing to get excited about. But that was live and I was unfamiliar with them. I have imaginary friends who like them. I have not heard their recordings, so I can't say anything.

The opening riff to The Face of My Innocence is great, aside from that they're very very not noteworthy.

i used to really like that album but it got old for me. the 2nd song on it, i think its called maddening disdain, is really fucking good.

but i think their best song was on the ep - a diamond for disease....great song.

I think that record slays. I mean they aren't a good live band b/c every time i've seen them play, their drummer couldn't keep tempo which drives me crazy. But that record is like in the vein of Carcass Heartwork melodic death metal. Not lame like the triviums and blind colonies. So in that respect the album was a breath of fresh air. The first time I heard the Return, I was blown away. Such ferocious riffery. I will agree that for their sophomore full-length was a total disappointment and really was crappy.

It would be more appropriate to categorize it as Melodic Death Metal. But yes, that album is a perfect example of Amurrican Gothenburg done right.