Arsis in Dallas Sept 13

Starless Dragon

Beneath The Starless Sky
Aug 12, 2004
Asscrappy Texas
www.livejournal.com
Slightly off topic, but I know there are a lot fo Vehemence fans on this board in the DFW area. Just wondering if you know about the Arsis show in Dallas on Monday, the 13th? It's just recently been booked and has had little or no promotion. I just heard about it last Saturday up at Weird Cds in Plano. (Great Metal Store). I'm gonna be making this show as long as I don't die, hopefully my girlfriend will be able to come too. ALso, When Life Has Ceased is playing there, and their guitarist is a member of our little forum. Gonna check him out and support them early I hope.

Anyway, it's Monday Sept 13th, CLub Indigo in Deep Ellum, Dallas. Don't know about the price or the exact time, but it's all ages, and get there early to support When Life Has Ceased if you can. Arsis headlines!!

not gonna happen for me...but i have a question. i heard weird cds is what has become of the cd world in plano. was 'the great' cd WORLD different from the 'the great' cd WAREHOUSE on preston road in plano? or...the same thing? i visited the cd warehouse last october. kick ass store.

Yeah, Weird CDs is what became of the CD warehouse in Plano, on Preston road. It's run by the same guys, only now they sell NOTHING BUT METAL. And they're only open Saturdays right now. They're in the same general area, across that big parking lot now, around the corner from "Chucks."

Arsis totally killed last night, no big surprise. There wasn't much of a turn out, but Arsis tore the place up nonetheless. Not that a big turn out was expected, it was at Club Indigo and was a late booked show with almost no promotion. But what little crowd was there was pretty energetic...well, at least by the time Arsis made it on stage they were starting to get that way. Opening bands got almost no support which was pretty sad, way to represent the scene Dallas. When Arsis (I think it was them anyway) first got onstage, they were like "So this is how Dallas rocks, huh?" Audience reply: "...Sometimes!" Lol. The opening bands were Set Ablaze, Losa, and When Life Has Ceased. All did good shows, Set Ablaze tore it up, Losa was interesting to say the least, only two long songs, I think. Cool stuff, need a few listens and then I'd really get into it. And local killers When Life Has Ceased opened, and put on a badass show despite a few technical problems and the nearly non existant crowd response. It was like, my girlfriend and I headbanging and that was it. Oh well, great set Dylan. No worries about the amp cutting out, still sounded great, and that kinda shit happens.

Yeah, he could, that guy was awesome. Too bad he was so low in the mix, I could see his fingers flying, but I had to strain to hear him. I'd never heard them before, good stuff though, I'll have to try and get ahold of some CDs when I've got some more money.

You guys (WLHC) should try and get to open for the Vehemence/Akercocke/Mortician show at the end of the month, it's Sep 29th at Club Indigo I think.

Starless Dragon said:
You guys (WLHC) should try and get to open for the Vehemence/Akercocke/Mortician show at the end of the month, it's Sep 29th at Club Indigo I think.
...sucks but it's not gonna happen. We talked to Bernie (Indigo booking agent) about it the night of the Arsis show. We weren't able to get on it....Oh well, maybe next time.