Art and drug use

Alec Walter Conway

Mother North's Lover
Jun 14, 2006
VINLAND (Montreal)
Some people need to be under the effect of some substance to be creative. Some other people creative when they are sober.

I'm against chemical stuff, thats my point of view. Hence I don't think alcohol and canabis should be seen as bad bad stuff. Of course they become bad if taken without moderation, but so it is for anything. Try eating 50 pounds of jelly beans and you'll be just as sick as if you had smoked a bat of a pound of weed.

Drugs can have strange effects depending on people. As for me, pot makes me TOTALLY sick, even in small quantities, so I absolutely cannot take any. I do enjoy alcohol though, and when I get going with a few beer, I become very talkative hehe.

Some people need drugs to be creative. But to me, the drug is only a trigger. The same way I'm sure some people, when they walk in the forest, they get loads of inspiration, well some other people have to smoke pot or drink alcohol to get inspiration. If it comes from your head, it was in you, somewhere, to start with. Its not the alcohol composing this great song, its you. Alcohol simply gave you the key to access this untapped creativity inside you.

Thats my point of view though :)

Of course everything is bad in large quantities. Still I´d rather eat lots of jelly beans than smoke pot, because the jelly beans only affect your stomach so you shit alot, but pot makes you stupid and unfocused, it affects the brain. I don´t drink alcohol either, because I think there are more negative side effects than positive when drinking. As for being creative I have no problem with that, which I guess is a matter of practice. It's tragic that some people think they need drugs to be creative. Same thing with those that drink to have the guts to be social.