Art Thread

Nice, Jayme! How is this made? Digitally?

I already finished the other one a while ago, by the way, but I'm lazy posting in this thread because not many people come here anyway :)

713En.jpg

^I come here...especially now since I need some feedback..started experimenting with watercolors to time (not as thorough as your shading, Stormo) and only want to get better. If anyone feels like it, I'm open to observations :).

ueheue.jpg

IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1144.jpg

IMG_1137red.jpg

mod.jpg

IMG_1142.jpg

da.jpg

wow... absolutely beautiful!! Love the first and the last one the most. <3

I second that. Although I think I slightly prefer the "red" version of the first slightly more (both are excellent) along with the last.

@Stormy: Looked through your gallery. Really nice work man. Some of it looks a little unenthusiastic (kind of like you were just experimenting or simply passing time--or it could have just been your earliest work), but then you have a lot that is just exceptional. Paine IV makes me think of Fist of the North Star, and I think I like Desperation and Arryn the most after that. I also don't typically dig the goggle-eyed anime stuff, but I have to give you props for Hinnah II.

Thanks, man! Yeah some things are rushed and absent, but that's mostly older stuff. Paine is from Final Fantasy X-2, so no yatatatatatatatata!. And most stuff isn't really goggle-eyed anime, but I see what you mean. :) If it's my dA gallery you looked through, they're sorted by date, newest first :)

I just use "goggle-eyed" as a blanketed generalization of anime like styles that exaggerate the size of the eyes more than just slightly. I realize that something like Dragon Ball Z or Betty Boop aren't the same as what you were doing, but it still has that "cutesy cartoon" look. Which is cool, just not usually my thing.

Although maybe I'm slightly contrary--my favorite anime artists are from Madhouse, and most of their work tends to be gritty and more "realistic" looking. But even their eyes tend to have a strange width to them.

What the hell is your avatar anyway? I can't tell if it's someone hugging a planet, or someone who is pregnant.