Art Thread

Yes sir! I always see a huge improvement when ever I see your new work, you are doing fine. I've always found the proportions the nasty part of the battle, you got those nailed, so it won't be long for the rest of it to follow. :)

From BioWare's Mass Effect games, Ashley Williams. Bless her adorable, bigoted little skull.

808Ashley.jpg

Second WIP of my Tifa drawing. I'm sick and fucking tired of the paper tooth always ruining my pictures, so I have decided to try my hand at blending. We'll see how it goes.

VictoryII.jpg

Is it wrong that I don't notice Tifa at first, but the background and say "Hmm... temple of the ancients..." ?

Blending stubs will be your best friend if you decide to go that route. Good job on the face, though the angle of the body is a tad confusing.
Blending stubs, huh? I thought just using a tissue would be fine too. I'll need to go buy some of them (the stubs, not the tissues) at an art store somewhere. As for the body angle, it's confusing, yes, and I've pinpointed the reason: the shading of the pelvis is totally in the wrong place. It'll look better once I've fixed that. Legs might need some repositioning too.

Is it wrong that I don't notice Tifa at first, but the background and say "Hmm... temple of the ancients..." ?
It's only wrong if you think it's wrong... You did notice her second, I hope? ;) But yeah, I'm going to actually put some work into the background this time - between that and the blending, I hope it'll takie my art to a higher level, because right now the scanned results aren't as good as the actual pieces I draw, so I want them to be representative. Blending will help with that, and backgrounds will help improve the overall pictures.

I hope.

Blending stubs, huh? I thought just using a tissue would be fine too. I'll need to go buy some of them (the stubs, not the tissues) at an art store somewhere. As for the body angle, it's confusing, yes, and I've pinpointed the reason: the shading of the pelvis is totally in the wrong place. It'll look better once I've fixed that. Legs might need some repositioning too.

It's only wrong if you think it's wrong... You did notice her second, I hope? ;) But yeah, I'm going to actually put some work into the background this time - between that and the blending, I hope it'll takie my art to a higher level, because right now the scanned results aren't as good as the actual pieces I draw, so I want them to be representative. Blending will help with that, and backgrounds will help improve the overall pictures.

I hope.

You should have one of those jackassy little old guys that run around running around in the background.