Art Thread

Before class:
img5911ad0.jpg

I really really like this! The shading looks so good in prismacolor

Finished the Tifa picture. Unfortunately a coke can exploded onto it, which is why you see those black dots on the upper half. I did a half-assed job on the background, it's true, but fuck it, I should never have chosen such an annoying one. I did my best to fix the armpit, but I'm not sure if it looks 100% right now.

807Victory.jpg

Looks good man. I still think some more work on the legs would of been awesome. They look very stiff and from what I can tell from the detail in the armpit, the legs kind of stand out. Good job on the shading too!

wow, nice stuff people!

I just looked in the last 3 pages.

Emily: your work is getting better and better everytime I see it! You got some really nice things there girl! :kickass:

David Stormo: You too!!! Your drawings and technique is getting more awesome everytime I see it. I may agree with Kevin about the arms there,
but the hair and rest of the body look great! (sorry some coke spilled on it though... eek :erk: )

Stormo, this is awesome!! :kickass:

Got bored and painted a self portrait.

kevomeletedrawing.jpg

I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT Kevin!! :lol:

Vasko kitteh! Finally finished! :lol: Damn it, it was hard.

I miss my scanner back in Maryland. I can't wait to get it. It was all I could do too eek out this shitty scan. It's advanced tools are for the retard nation! :erk::lol: Welp here he is!

VaskoKittehdontliketahscanner-1.png

Shannon: wow, I'm speechless... this drawing is perfection...
Wonderfully done! Great job, girl!

Looks good man. I still think some more work on the legs would of been awesome. They look very stiff and from what I can tell from the detail in the armpit, the legs kind of stand out. Good job on the shading too!
Yep, I get what you're saying about the armpit. It's no longer "offensive" (lol Jen), but it's not 100% right, and the legs... Yeah, they need more detail. But like Morganna said, it's a work that involved stepping out of my comfort zone, and that always takes a lot of getting used to.

It's really getting there Stormie, and hey, it's always a good thing to step out of your comfort zone, keep doing the ones your not used too. :)
I plan to do loads more new things, because I'm a bit tired of the portraits for now. :)

David Stormo: You too!!! Your drawings and technique is getting more awesome everytime I see it. I may agree with Kevin about the arms there,
but the hair and rest of the body look great! (sorry some coke spilled on it though... eek :erk: )
Thanks, Karen, it's good to hear, because I have a feeling I'm stagnating lately, so that's a good motivation :)

Stormo, this is awesome!! :kickass:
:kickass: