Art Thread

Piece I'm working on without any reference. Some things feel off, but can't quite put my finger on it.

Angela1.jpg

Scanner plate was dirty, so that's where the spots come from.

And the bloodstains dripping onto and past the shadow makes me double-take as well. Still though, awesome stuff. I really like the background texture and it's color. very ice-ish. I can never ever capture those vibes.

And the bloodstains dripping onto and past the shadow makes me double-take as well. Still though, awesome stuff. I really like the background texture and it's color. very ice-ish. I can never ever capture those vibes.

It was meant to be like the card was slightly up and the blood dripped on the card off the edge onto the floor. If that makes sense.

Totally. It's just the way my brain interprets what it's seeing. I think it's depth issue... rather than looking like the blood is farther away down on the floor, it looks like it's floating at the same level the card is on, especially in the top corner. When I see a drop shadow like you have on the card, by default it makes me think that that's the end of the image and everything needs to be contained inside of it. Which of course, it obviously doesn't and it's still a great graphic.

Eh, it looks like a natural position to me, slightly slouched but not entirely to stiff. Maybe that little bend will work too.

actually after looking more at the picture, that arch would fit nicely.

Yeah Stormie! It's going really great so far. I really love the shading work on that knife. And I'm with livah, it your lines, to me, look lose and expressive without being sloppy! I really don't find anything to be too tight. The slouch looks natural and of course, unless you were completely sucking in your gut, even the smallest people get a sort of a pooch when they are completely slouched. What is really cool, is how much you have accomplished here, everything technical aside, with no reference to work with. The arms look most natural to me, everything is in it's place there. Good job! I Can't wait to see her get more tone! :)