Art Thread

So I've been fucking around with faking HDR since my camera doesn't have the capability of doing burst shots with different exposure times. I've found a few faux HDR photoshop techniques and honestly, what I feel is the best outcome is the most simple tutorial I have found. Below are the before and after pictures. Opinions?

Before:
SDC10478.jpg

After:
SDC10478-HDR.jpg

So I've been fucking around with faking HDR since my camera doesn't have the capability of doing burst shots with different exposure times. I've found a few faux HDR photoshop techniques and honestly, what I feel is the best outcome is the most simple tutorial I have found. Below are the before and after pictures. Opinions?

You can usually tell the difference between real HDR and faux. I'm actually quite good at doing it, but I refuse to let one of the faux ones touch my gallery, really. Just doesn't seem genuine enough. Most of my own touch-ups are always mild, nothing too drastic usually. I'll send ya a good tutorial of it.

Thanks man. I just remembered I did this. I didn't post it because I thought I may use it as a sig someday, but honestly I unfortunately forgot about it until I saw this thread bumped :erk:

robot.jpg

btw those are water drops on the Karate Kid dvd that Russell sent me for Secret Santa last year that came from the outside of a beer can that had just been sitting on top of it.

Wow. That's not even a high-end camera, is it? I must just suck at photography.

Have you ever considered taking a close-up picture of the water droplets from a beer can on something shiny and stupid and pointless like a DVD case before? Try something like that. Just something so weird and outlandish that it seems preposterous to even consider. Take a picture of that.

edit: from a weird angle.