Artists on this board VS artists on others!

I'll have to agree. I have heard Lakestream's band, Wars of Winter, Last Eve, and they all have good melody and kick ass music. My band is in the same vein as well. But with me not only is the Opeth influence making me so smart but the fact that I possess the sounds of Finnish Children's rock songs!! MWAHAHA

And yes......... this is Grey Poupon...

bitch.

I just want to point out a thing.....if you read Druardim's post in thw wrong way, you could get the idea that my band is Wars of Winter, which it is not =) My band is called Bereaved

I've noticed that the crowd that Opeth attracts is a very mature and intelligent one. For example, at the show here in New Jersey, when Opeth was on the stage, there were no stupid people screaming out "You suck!" or anything like that. The crowd even had a couple laughs with Mike's lapse of memory about the years that Opeth's albums were released. It was really cool, and it felt like I was with some people on the same level that I was at. They also appreciate all types of music - because the same people that were there to see Opeth also stuck through the God Forbid and Diecast sets, which was cool. Rambling! Sorry.

to Lakestream: Actually, now that you mention it, that is quite a misconception. I should have just put your band's name. (haha)

to Tomm>
Well at the Syracuse, alot of people shouted out but in praise of the band. I heard no negative comments. Alot of people were using the death metal voices, saying play "Apostle In Triumphth" or "Demon of the Fall". One person let out a long annoying growl. Opeth seemed pretty amused by the responce of how many people liked them and how full of energy the crowd was.

The one in Toronto had quite a few fans but some of the people were shouting out dumb shit(like "Play Drapes and Curtains" or something in regards to the hold up between songs) because Mikael's "new" amp head (made by a brand called Koch) was cutting out, intereferring with the set but luckily not making them have to cut out any of the songs. I mean, I felt bad for Mikael, because it's not his fault for the amp messing up on him. The band seemed really cool about it though, they just continued to play on. There was one point where he was talking to the audience and said "Sorry folks, this head has problems." and then he points to his cranium and says as a joke, "Yeah, this head has problems too". hahaha I am happy to have attended the Toronto show because they opened with "The Leper Affinity" and had just a little better sound at this show.