what i noticed about you guys and this forum...

Slipknot_isn't_metal

From Wisdom to Hate
Dec 14, 2001
Toronto/Canada
Visit site
well....i've been here only for about a day or 2 but i allready noticed that the people on this board are really friendly to each other and i'm kinda sad to say this, but that surprises me. mainly because every other metal board i visit is full of trolls that are just looking for arguments so this is kinda refreshing ...... so anyways ...i'm kinda drunk ATM (and i'm reeeeeeeeALLY nice when i'm drunk) so don't mind the fluff:heh: ......so yea, so far this place is quiete enjoyable, the ppl. are all very cool and i'm totally liking the atmosphere, not just in the Opeth forum but iun every one of them (tho Opeth forum especially) ......hope meet some cool people along the way :D ......cyA!~

Yeah, this forum is one of a kind. It amazed me when I first came here. I was expecting to be ridiculed, then banned or something after my posts in the "Homophobia" thread (it happened before). I was pleasantly suprised that these are some very decent and intelligent people.

HELLO! and welcome! :D
I went to see Eric Clapton when he came to Australia and they played "Layla"...it was sooo good!
Enjoy your time here!

Originally posted by Jo
HELLO! and welcome! :D
I went to see Eric Clapton when he came to Australia and they played "Layla"...it was sooo good!
Enjoy your time here!

cool! i like him cuz he's just a great guitarist ...and i don't really limit myself to metal only (although i mainly listen to it) .... i also have a thing for classic rock and stuff like that as well :D .....oh and thanks for the welcome :)

Slipknot, hehe, I'm so sick of seeing that video, the new one, whatever it's called, not that I heard of them before it came out or anything.. hehe. Poser metal sucks. Actually, poser anything sucks.

Anyway, I have noticed that there are a lot of nice people here too, and it was very nice of you all to point this out. I'm a big fan of just being nice, even when I'm an absolute prick, hehhehe. Anyway, enough of this half drunk/half stoned psycho-babble, cheerio and the like..

Satori

Originally posted by Satori
Slipknot, hehe, I'm so sick of seeing that video, the new one, whatever it's called, not that I heard of them before it came out or anything.. hehe. Poser metal sucks. Actually, poser anything sucks.

Anyway, I have noticed that there are a lot of nice people here too, and it was very nice of you all to point this out. I'm a big fan of just being nice, even when I'm an absolute prick, hehhehe. Anyway, enough of this half drunk/half stoned psycho-babble, cheerio and the like..

Satori

btw .......dude your parrot fucking ROCKS!!!! :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh:

Originally posted by Slipknot_isn't_metal
My favorite classic rock band tho is and always will be the great PINK FLOYD!!!!! :headbang: :D

Do you like the first 3 albums, the "early" years? They are really really really cool. Obscured by Clouds, which I think was just before dark side, was also extremely cool. Shit, I get tingly just thinking about these albums. Animals is another fav of mine, an album I've never forgotten even though I've had it for like 13 years now. Floyd is some cool shit. You can really the floyd influence in opeth on epilog, or however you spell it, we got hit with a fucking snow storm (sort of) last night and the lights are out here so I can't look it up or anything, hehe. Snow sucks... sucks like an 8 dollar whore going through crack withdrawal (I presume).

Insanity is just another frame of mind.

Satori

I have a double tape called Eric Clapton - Backtrackin' and it is broken into 4 parts...

Disc 1
Side 1
"Singles"
"I shot the sheriff"
"Knockin' on heavens door"
"Lay Down Sally"
"Promises"
"Swing low sweet chariot"
"Wonderful tonight"
Side 2
"History"
"Sunshine of your love"
"Tales of brave ulyssess"
"Badge"
"Little wing"
"Layla"

Disc 2
Side 1
"Classics"
"Cocaine"
"Strange brew"
"Spoonful"
"Let it rain"
"Have you ever loved a woman?"
"Presence of the lord"
Side 2
"Live"
"Crossroads"
"Roll it over"
"Can't find my way home"
"Blues power"
"Further on up the road"

Cream...:D

Originally posted by Slipknot_isn't_metal
btw .......dude your parrot fucking ROCKS!!!! :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh:

That's nice of you to say, hehe. Yea he is pretty cool, his name is also Satori, he is named after his daddy. Funny you mention it, tommorow is a big day for Satori, he is going to the vet to get his wings clipped so he can't fly quite so well and thus be less of an absolute terror, we'd do it ourselves but I am fucking terrified of snaping his little bones cuz you have to hold them by the neck/beak when you do it and they struggle so hard.. bleh, too scary for me, I'd never be able to forgive myself if we accidently damaged him in any way. He gets lots of attention and affection and he's a happy boy!

Satori

Originally posted by Satori

That's nice of you to say, hehe. Yea he is pretty cool, his name is also Satori, he is named after his daddy. Funny you mention it, tommorow is a big day for Satori, he is going to the vet to get his wings clipped so he can't fly quite so well and thus be less of an absolute terror, we'd do it ourselves but I am fucking terrified of snaping his little bones cuz you have to hold them by the neck/beak when you do it and they struggle so hard.. bleh, too scary for me, I'd never be able to forgive myself if we accidently damaged him in any way. He gets lots of attention and affection and he's a happy boy!

Satori

:( ....damn... well anyways, good luck with the .....clipping o_O ...