Artwork: Cripple Decapitation

Henrik Main

Hello
Aug 10, 2002
Norway
Visit site
The time has come. Cripple Decapitation's first CD, entitled "Cripple Decapitation", is set to be recorded this Easter in Outer Vision Studios (Moss, Norway). The tracklist will be as follows:

- The King Of Antarctica
- Embraced By Fools
- Born In Afghanistan
- St. Anger Really Sucked
- Slaughtering The PUH
- Molesting The Lions (Lion is a slang word for a cripple)
- Feeding Lions To The Sharks
- Dethroned Lion King (Lifting The Royal One From The Throne)
- Kicking Out The AADs
- Summertime In Auschwitz
- The Art Of Decapitation
- My Self Portrait
- Enslaved By The Dark Vengeance Of The Crippled Enforcer "Narghan-Sulum"
- Cripple Decapitation
- The Pope Is A Cripple!
- Book Of Decapitation: Chapter Nine: Chainsaws And How To Use Them
- An Ode To The Pope
- My Letter To The Pope
- Stiff, Hard Tool
- Cripple Addiction
- Vital Information About The Pope

Here's the deal: We need a slick/absurd/sick/funny looking front cover, and also a back cover with the track listing. Try to include the logo SculptedCold created. The logo should be on the front cover: http://www.geocities.com/iwanttousemessenger/crippledecapitation.txt

Try to keep it in the same vein as the band name and the song titles. Humour is a huge plus. Everything else is up to the artist. All help will be appreciated. Winners will receive the forthcoming Cripple Decapitation CD and perhaps some other goodies too. (Sculpted has to get some other stuff since he won the Cripple Decap CD in the logo design contest. We'll think of something :) )

EDIT: New Cripple Decapitation demo song (first take) online. Unfinished and unpolished version of the grim battle hymn "An Ode To The Pope". Download from this URL:

http://home.online.no/~chrbong/artimages/Ode_To_The_Pope.mp3

Thanks henrikmain, you're a pal! Umm, I won't be able to do this until I get back home in near two weeks, but I can provide any people who want to work on this with a high-quality two layer psd file of the logo for easy manipulation. I've only made the jpg available so far and it's not the best quality/print size for use on artwork, so PM me and let me know.

I don't know if I want to try it myself yet, it's been a couple years since I've designed whole CD packages. ;o)

Jesus Christ...My brain hurts after that.
The audio conjures up images of Big Bird in a pink, stained mini dress walking around the streets at night and offering himself to willing businessmen.

LordFireworm said:
Jesus Christ...My brain hurts after that.
The audio conjures up images of Big Bird in a pink, stained mini dress walking around the streets at night and offering himself to willing businessmen.

:lol: Then we have succeeded!

Under a Stone said:
Is a theme needed in the picture?

Hmmmm.. Random decapitation? Hehe, everything is up to the artist, really. But weird, twisted stuff is always welcome. Be it decapitation, the Pope being smacked by a Pink Rabbit, other weird stuff.

Here is a digital piece I did with Sculpted Colds logo and my own pictures and art.

It may not be what you are looking for but I quite enjoy it. It is not gory or brutal looking just interesting.

Crippledecapitationlogo.jpg

Reminds me of Anal Bleeding's 'Two Cocks In The Same Hole' album cover in terms of concept. Not gory at all, but it is indeed a gore album.

Flaming Death said:
Here is a digital piece I did with Sculpted Colds logo and my own pictures and art.

It may not be what you are looking for but I quite enjoy it. It is not gory or brutal looking just interesting.

That's, quite simply, brilliant! Thanks a lot! This will be a strong contender to the artwork-throne :) Again, thanks!

I like it. I can't figure-out if it is meant to be showing/representing something but it looks cool regardless. I take it you don't need a higher-res image of the logo? Does it scale-up ok for print size?

Maybe. I just used the JPEG file and made it have a transparent background. I think it will be ok though. I have a rather large version of the picture with all of the layers and stuff unflattened.

Again, really cool design. I like the abstract theme and the abmysal color themes :lol:

Could you do something gory and cliché too, just to see how it would turn out? Thanks :)