As good as you remembered???

Aww man, I loved Kimba & Speed Racer.

Now here's a classic that's held up over time..

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=tAVYYe87b9w[/ame]

Lots of stuff just aren't as good as I remember. Kimba and HR PuffnStuff are 2 great examples. Cartoons today absolutely suck compared to the Looney Tunes and Merry Melodies of the 40's through 60's. Lucky Charms cereal IS still that good! For music, I haven't really found a lot post grunge era that's been really good. (Gotta love Alice in Chains and STP!) Only Evanescence stands out for me after that, so, I'm almost always listening to the music I grew up on. From the 70's and early 80's, Rush, Led Zep, AC/DC, Triumph, Hendrix, Boston, Aerosmith, Styx, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Cheap Trick, and Accept. I still listen to them often. Bands I used to like that I don't listen to much include The Cars, Pat Benatar, ELO, Jefferson Starship.
The radio mainstream music of today that's being thrust upon us is sooooo bad that I wouldn't bother with it, not for a minute. I have found some music through friends and here that shows there are bands not given radio play that are decent, but, you have to hunt them down. Good thing fro the internet!!

Sammy

We watched "Wait 'till your father gets home" last night. Man, it got me thinking of how old I am!!Depressing!!! Then, we strated going through all the shows we used to watch.
A favorite of mine from the 80's I still watch once in a while is.... Drum roll please.... Fraggle Rock. !!! I still love that show at 41 years old!!!!! Still watch MASH, Happy days, All in the family, Barney Miller ect... I just can't seem to let go!!!LOL!!
Great to have some time to post here again!!!!!

I guess this thread morphed into a new beast but I will say that musically speaking, it is cool to now have a son old enough (14) to ask me about bands he's starting to listen to from back in my youth. And I must say, he has very good taste. He has his own Ipod and will load it up with classic rock like Queen, Aerosmith, Soundgarden, RATM and the like.

I love to search for forgotten classics from the 50's all the way up to the past decade on Itunes. I just added some Temptations and Little Richard the last time I was browsing.

Since this thread morphed into old TV shows, I still love Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids. I bought the whole collection of 4 DVD's on ebay last year. I do remember watching that with Sorrell. I can still see Sorrell doing the double sideways arm motions from when "the gang" is all laughing as a group. And of course all the corny cutdowns like: Way to go "out of work school teacher"..."out of work school teacher, why'd you call me that?" ..."No class"

Ah the memories.

"No class"

Ah the memories.

:lol::lol:

I made the mistake of listening to about half of "KISS Unmasked" today.

DAMN!!! I had forgotten just how bad that period was.

I have to admit, I still love "Shandi".

There were some good tunes on it but "Torpedo Girl" may be the worst song ever! Right up there with "Holla Back Girl". Just fucking kill me!!!

Sorry. I vowed to mention that song again. It still makes me want to feed Gwennie's head to a wolf.

Anyway. As I was saying; Some things are indeed NOT as good as you remember.

SS

:lol::lol:

I made the mistake of listening to about half of "KISS Unmasked" today.

DAMN!!! I had forgotten just how bad that period was.

I have to admit, I still love "Shandi".

There were some good tunes on it but "Torpedo Girl" may be the worst song ever! Right up there with "Holla Back Girl". Just fucking kill me!!!

Sorry. I vowed to mention that song again. It still makes me want to feed Gwennie's head to a wolf.

Anyway. As I was saying; Some things are indeed NOT as good as you remember.

SS

Whoooooaaahhh ohhh Heaven's On Fire...

That's the only song I can remember from KISS's unmasked period.

The only song I like from "Unmasked" is "Is That You."
Everything else on this CD was crap to me. And then they followed it up with that other gem "Music From The Elder." WTF? It was about this time that I lost almost all of the interest I had in the band. They were my fav band as a kid. I started enjoying them again somewhat when "Revenge" came out.

Robby