The song that started it all!

Sorrell

APT Guitarist/vocalist
Jan 3, 2008
Fairfield, CA
www.myspace.com
I've never seen this video before. It's a live version of Edgar Winter's "Frankenstein". I bought this 45 record in 1972. I think I wore out a tennis racket playing this song in my bedroom. :lol: Now seeing it, I had no idea that Edgar played all those parts!:worship: Just amazing.

Use Jax's link below! Click on Try This at top!

I'm still inspired by it after 36 years... Holy shit I'm old!

SRS

I was going to say a 45? Wow ;)

I tried the video it gave me a sorry it's no longer available and shut me down like a mad monkey.

I was going to say a 45? Wow ;)

I tried the video it gave me a sorry it's no longer available and shut me down like a mad monkey.

Very strange! It still plays on Youtube, but not from the link. I posted 2 versions of the same video but it won't play here. Is Youtube doing something weird?

SRS

Hmm..could be, I was also going to say that when I clicked on it shortly after that I got a windows error but that could have just been windows.

The video has embedding disabled, you have to click the link & go watch it on YouTube, but UM is set to automatically embed YouTube links, hence the clusterf*ck.

Click the 'try this' link at the top of the video window & it'll take you to watch it on YouTube. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKf0zZ7L720]try this[/ame].

wut...EV...errrrrrr!!!! :Smug: :heh:

Happened to hear this on a local radio station just last night. Classic among classics, Rooster. :D

Great Great Song! I saw Edgar and Johnny a few years back at the Doheny Blues Fest.
It was great seeing this song live... Even if it was a billion years later...
Johnny is playing Santa Cruz in the near future if I'm not mistaken. Dude is basically blind now but he still tears it up pretty good. Edgar was in much better shape when I saw them last....

I think my first song that started my love of heavy music was Hocus Pocus by Focus. Focus - Moving Waves was the first LP (don't want you to be the only one showing their age here man... Thank me later :lol:) uh er..full length album I ever bought and it was in 1972 also.... There was also this great 20 minute song on there called "Eruption":headbang:. Jan Akkerman was a guitar God to me then.... He kind of drifted into New Age land after the 70s early 80s though...:erk:

I think my first song that started my love of heavy music was Hocus Pocus by Focus. Focus - Moving Waves was the first LP (don't want you to be the only one showing their age here man... Thank me later :lol:) uh er..full length album I ever bought and it was in 1972 also....

Damn WE are old! :lol: Thanks. I don't feel so alone now.

SRS

WOW:headbang:

That's some insane stuff! The only other version of Frankenstein that I have heard is on Derek Sherinians album "Inertia".

I wonder what would happen if you put Edgar Winter and Derek Sherinian into the same room together....I'm betting some kind of wormhole or cosmic rift would open up and consume the world or somethingo_O

~B

Great video and song! Guy's kind of freaky lookin', but I'm a Marilyn Manson fan, so what do I care?