As I don my corpsepaint and sacrifice a virgin...

... and when you're done with that, venture into the vast black metal underground scene and become a maniacal, suicidal, insane, evil, intolerant, hateful, mad, goat-worshipping, death-worshipping, chaos-worshipping, blood-drinking, child-eating, serial-killing, church-burning and homicidal black metal terrorist.

:lol:

I think that I will break in my new computer at the end of the month by ordering a bunch of CDs from these lists, in order to make it tr00, n3cr0, 3v1l, and r31ewd0sx for all time.

OK, so who the FUCK came up with the inane idea to associate 'l33+5p34k with immaturity in black metal? I swear the next time I see someone write "tr00" I'm going to fucking snap. It makes no fucking sense.

Who knows, but I guarantee they were under 8 years old. Wait... I'll bet it was them Children O' Boredom kiddies.

Oh yeah, I've been able to decipher all those, except l33r. What the fuck does that mean?

Ahhhh... cool, the Rosetta Stone is now complete.

"teh suck" is by far the best out of that Internet-speak crap.

NAD said:
Ahhhh... cool, the Rosetta Stone is now complete.
Ironically, l33t was probably the word that started it all. 'l33+speak has its origins in elite BBS's of the 80's where warez dealers, crackers and such \/\/0ul|> \/\//?173 |_1|<3 7|-|15 so the p|-||>z i.e. police and such couldn't understand what they were saying. Human-readable encryption, if you will.

BEWARE MY DOOM... :lol:

Thanks for the history lesson Erik, that's pretty interesting. I had always assumed it was just lazy pre-teen behavior. I was somewhat active in BBSing in the early 90s too, but usually only at someone else's house, but I never saw that type of typing then.

The grEy font thing only happens in this forum, right? Heh, it's NAD's viral curse of the RC clan.

OK silly question, but what is "teh" as in "teh suck"? Did that all start from somebody's misspelling?

Also, why don't Americans pronounce the 'h' in 'herb'?