asap help, active pickups wiring?

DeathPact

Packed with death
Jan 19, 2005
London, but not from
Hey im trying to wire a emg 81 and a 85 to my guitar. Im just a little conserned about my 3 way switch.
As far as i know the active pickups are not suppose to work together so when my switch is in the middle possition both the pickups will be selected, may this damage anything since whe are working with a 9v battery here? because im shorting them together.

my guitar has emg 81 and 85 and it works just fine
1000262large1di.jpg

I have a 3 way switch and the same pickups. They both work fine when both selected.

Just follow the instructions and it should work fine. ;)

has anybody here felt the frustration of working with a soldering iron that does not fucking melt the fucking solder because its a piece of shit.... not to mention that you dont have enough hands to hold the fucking volume pot, soldering iron, wire and solder. OMG IM GONA FUCKING EXPLODE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

You need ATLEAST and then no more than a 35watt soldering iron.

And it's actives and passives that don't work together... Well...

Active and active works great.

low impedance + low impedance=ok
low impedance + high impedance=crap
high impedance + high impeance=ok ;)

Well some clamps are useful to wire stuff. I have a full woodworker's bench table from my father so I don't need to worry... but anything you use to hold it still is fine.

yup tomorow im gona go buy me a proper fucking sondering iron with bloody holder and sponge, dammit i just hope i did not damage the volume and tone pot with the heat. that thing was untouchable yet the fucking solder wont melt properly because my tip is all fucked up, man im sooooo tired right now from this shit.

this is how i learned to solder. especially the wet sponge tip at the bottom.[/QUOTE]

yea thx for the tip. wet sponge is a must, damm i remeber my father use to do that. you just cant take any shortcuts i guess.

So stupid its such a easy task yet it can fuck up so bad if you dont do it properly.

DeathPact said:
yup tomorow im gona go buy me a proper fucking sondering iron with bloody holder and sponge, dammit i just hope i did not damage the volume and tone pot with the heat. that thing was untouchable yet the fucking solder wont melt properly because my tip is all fucked up, man im sooooo tired right now from this shit.
I don't think it's that easy to fuck up a pot. It's not a high precision electronic component.