Asgaroth

Can't remember exactly how the name was born, but I know that it is meaningless. Some people assumed it was kinda ancient god, some others sort of celtic legend or something, but Daniel (not me, the Asgaroth bassist and founder) simply came up with the name because of a sudden... let's say... inspiration and he liked the name. I'm sure Chris can give us further details, though.

|ngenius.

khristoff said:
breeeeeuuuuuuuuurghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

XDDDDDDDDD

i think that explains it all...when bandmembers just have to say breeeeeuuuuuuuuurghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh about it, then it's that the reason wasn't that meaningful ;)

now, I don't know if it was a fashion or it actually approached to something but I've heard different bands/projects such as asgard, astaroth, algalord and blah blah breeeeeuuuuuuuuurghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :p

hope that doesn't sound as rant as it entirely sounds to me :)

fv

I wanted to change names to THE THROATWOBBLING MANGROVES, but dani just didn't. He just didn't want to waste the extensive promo achieved by "songs of war", er.... that is 15 tapes sent to fanzines.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreurgh

and why did you thtopped uthing your nicknameth???

though i prefer it that way, you don't theem tho thtupid with normal nameth :)

igor

Maybe the name Asgaroth is derived from the Norse name Asgard? Asgard was the mythical home of the Norse gods. Many black metal bands get their inspiration from the viking era.

it's probably...either that or it comes from "breeeeeuuuuuuuuurghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh" which was a dumb and deaf god in the muppets mythology ;)

fathervic (not asga nor roth)

uhmmm comming from you i don't know if it's a joke or not...

anyway...asgaroth/astaroth it's explained above...
gorgoroth comes from Tolkien's Silmarillion
David Lee Roth comes after a Swedish god of Pickled Onions, and also it might be his name...
Gernoth is probably something that while soundingh posh, it also gives the heavy feeling to the weak minded :p

let's all praise our moderator!!!!!!!!!!!
panm.gif

panh.gif

:loco:

/troll (
glitter.gif
)

actually I cheat...I have a goldfish that answers all the questions about music...but well I'll be glad to pass your questions to it... :p

fathervic (hoping that his monkey doesn't mind about translating what the goldfish says :err: )