Ashes OF The Wake ... Production

INAB = I'm not Andy but....

However.. Monsieur Kalisia Hottie Avatar did a double but... He did an INAB followed by a but, thus adding to the confusion and also ruining the beauty of the initial INAB.

Brett - K A L I S I A said:
INAB but for a whole album, can take days (especially if there are a lot of bad hits)...

I've personally found that it takes me the most of an hour to edit the toms for a single song, but I love editing (am I the only one?) and would happily just edit all day long.

yea it depends on the mood i'm in when i start editing work .

i usually do editing 1st thing as i am most amped up then and can work a bit faster. i too usually do a song in about 2 -3 hours max for the tom hits.

but if it is after a longggg day of killing the band on takes....sigh woudlnt' even want to listen to the songs !

Is somebody using the strip-silence function (ProTools, don't know the name for it in Cubase, etc...)to cut between the hits?

I do so and sometimes it helps a lot, especially when time pushes...

I wonder why Andy doesn't use it? It can be adjusted like a like a gate with a "look ahead" function...

Are there any disadvantages which I did not recognize?:rolleyes:

Niels

I use automation in cubase

cleanest results . i think that's why andy wipes out the hits manually too.

nothing like the human touch :lol:

gumplunger said:
Yes, lack of a release function, if I remember correctly.

Yes, you're right. No attack function too!

But andy said he'd usually go through the song and delete the area between the hits. That's what this function does...