Ashes To Ashes

Morgana

Vintermagi
First of all I have to say, that I do not own a album of them.
I've heard good reviews, but when I've seen them live on the Prog Power Europe festival lately, I was a very disappointed.
Rarely ever seen such bad stage presence!

Anyone else seen them live?

Oooops....... "Ashes to ashes" is the name of a band.....!!!!!!
Never heard!
When I "clicked" to enter this thread I thought that the subject would be something about churchburning and such stuff!!!!!!:lol:
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust!

Their stage presents was very bad, they had a female on the keyboard with them, she seemed to prefer to play samples instead of playing live, but did a bad job on playback, people noticed. Both vocals were week, esp the female one... but her's sound like playback anyway... when she stopped singing you could still hear her... The guitarist spent most of the time just to show his left site, rarely facing the audience, he didn't move much. Can't say much of the drummer, only person who did some action on stage was the bassist. I do not mind bands using samples on stage, most do here and there, but not overdosed...
I'm a very open minded person, very rare I complain about things live, but this was just sheit... the sound was ok, so you can't blame the sound engineer...
It was just a very bad preformance...

Originally posted by Morgana
Their stage presents was very bad,
your description sounds really bad :( i enjoy their music on the player but that's sure it would have been better for you (and for them too) not to see this performance of theirs... .

Originally posted by Mocika
your description sounds really bad :( i enjoy their music on the player but that's sure it would have been better for you (and for them too) not to see this performance of theirs... .

Maybe they had a really bad day... or too many drinks, how ever, I wasn't the only one disappointed of their show presentation.

Ashes to Ashes is one of my favourite bands! :eek:)
I love them, and think they're great! Their first
album "Shapes of Spirits" took me by storm, while
their new one had me listening quite a lot before
I really got into it. But now "Cardinal VII" is an
album I play every day! I'm seeing them live again,
in one week, I better go buy my ticket! hehe...

Thanks for reminding me Morgana! :eek:)