Review: Ashes of Ares

I'm seeing Nuclear Blast Records ads for this album alongside "appearing live at ProgPower" with the PP logo and everything on the internet. Cool cross promotion!

So you got offended and is making a huge deal out of the fact Zod said something negative about Jon on his review? What the hell is wrong with you?

Do you send angry emails to everyone who writes a bad review about an Iced Earth album too? What's next? Should we expect a deranged, non-sensical, screaming and crying video a la "Leave Britney Spears Alone?"

Somebody is a little obsessed it seems...

I could care less that Zod gave his personal opinion about Schaffer's ego or recent success in the Ashes of Ares review -- opinions are sujective. What you are refusing to acknowledge is that Zod lied in his original post when he stated that, "As someone who's followed Iced Earth's career closely, it's been hard not to notice a theme common to many of the departures; Jon does not allow others to contribute to the songwriting." Zod offered no proof to support the contribution portion of his statement in his original post. Zod only backtracked and qualified his statement after I challenged him on it. Then, in a separate reply post, Zod then acknowledges, "I'm well aware that Matt has written lyrics for years". Why didn't Zod acknowledge Barlow as a departed songwriting contributor in his original post? Answer me that question, Angra Rules.

And as "someone who's followed Iced Earth's career closely," Zod would surely know that many departed members besides Barlow are acknowledged with songwriting credits. But Zod made no mention of them either in his original post. Why not? Answer me that question, Angra Rules.

If Zod would have originally given these songwriters credit where their credit was due (which he still hasn't, besides Barlow -- albeit in a later post), I wouldn't have had a point to make and this thread wouldn't have run off the rails.

Ooo Zod is a LIAR about Jon Schaffer, and you get your panties in a bunch about it.

You didn't just make a point. You got offended because you're a fanboy. You got pissy because someone criticized your hero. Grow up.

Now back to Ashes of Ares... those of us who have heard the album know that it's not only going to be a great set at PPUSA, it's also a much better record than anything Iced Earth has put out in a long time. (oh wait, I'm going to get pummeled now because I am LYING.

Ooo Zod is a LIAR about Jon Schaffer, and you get your panties in a bunch about it.

You didn't just make a point. You got offended because you're a fanboy. You got pissy because someone criticized your hero. Grow up.

Now back to Ashes of Ares... those of us who have heard the album know that it's not only going to be a great set at PPUSA, it's also a much better record than anything Iced Earth has put out in a long time. (oh wait, I'm going to get pummeled now because I am LYING.

Dystopia is an excellent album and the best IE disc overall since Something Wicked for me. If the Ashes Of Ares album is even better, than I'll be an happy camper...

Now, if only it had been released before PP so I could get familiar with the songs before the actual show...

Sneak peek at Ashes of Ares t-shirts that will be available at the fest! Even a girly tee!

1235933_10151812079517943_1880451285_n.jpg

Kinda wish they had that girly design in a dude's shirt. That's pretty sweet. But I like the Warriors one a lot too.

Goodbye cash, hello new discs and apparel.

I could care less that Zod gave his personal opinion about Schaffer's ego or recent success in the Ashes of Ares review -- opinions are sujective. What you are refusing to acknowledge is that Zod lied in his original post when he stated that, "As someone who's followed Iced Earth's career closely, it's been hard not to notice a theme common to many of the departures; Jon does not allow others to contribute to the songwriting." Zod offered no proof to support the contribution portion of his statement in his original post. Zod only backtracked and qualified his statement after I challenged him on it. Then, in a separate reply post, Zod then acknowledges, "I'm well aware that Matt has written lyrics for years". Why didn't Zod acknowledge Barlow as a departed songwriting contributor in his original post? Answer me that question, Angra Rules.

And as "someone who's followed Iced Earth's career closely," Zod would surely know that many departed members besides Barlow are acknowledged with songwriting credits. But Zod made no mention of them either in his original post. Why not? Answer me that question, Angra Rules.

If Zod would have originally given these songwriters credit where their credit was due (which he still hasn't, besides Barlow -- albeit in a later post), I wouldn't have had a point to make and this thread wouldn't have run off the rails.

u seem upset

It's because someone said something on the internet that he perceived as a lie. I presume this guy is on blood pressure meds if he spends any decent amount of time reading things on the internet.

Angra & Andre only put out one good album, Angels Cry. Everything that followed was both subpar and derivative :Smug:

Angra & Andre only put out one good album, Angels Cry. Everything that followed was both subpar and derivative

That is by far the single dumbest thing I have seen all day. And that INCLUDES the "highlight" package from the VMAs and the five minutes of pro wrestling I just watched while flipping channels.

If you've ever seen the Lewis Black bit about an aneurism, you just said the "If it weren't for that horse, I wouldn't have gotten into college" line. (If you haven't, this line might actually make LESS sense than your Angra bait line.)