Asian Cinema?

Hey I'm bringing this topic back to the top. I haven't been to this forum for a while, so I'm just now seeing this.

I really enjoy Asian cinema, especially Japanese, Korean, Thai, & Chinese. Some of my favorite films in this genre are Raise the Red Lantern, Ju Dou, and Xiu Xiu: The-Send Down Girl (Tian Yu). Another good one to watch is The Scent of Green Papaya and Farewell My Concubine.

I encourage you to check those movies out! In my opinion, they are some of the best you'll find!

~Tammy Z~

I watch a few Chinese- and Korean-language shows on the International Channel with my folks. The medieval/martial arts shit sucks, half the time I can't understand what they're saying since they're actually speaking medieval Chinese and Korean, not the modern sort. There's occasionally a pretty good comedy or teen flick, but that's about it.

Has anyone seen Chaos (Kaosu) by Hideo Nakata? You hardly hear of it compared to Ringu and Dark Water. One of the best films I've ever seen. A superbly intelligent thriller.