Aside from AIC and Mad Season...

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
Did anything worthwhile come from the grunge scene? If so, recommendations will kindly be received. (Unless you're from Texas and not named J.)

Pearl Jam's "Ten" is decent, but not what I'm looking for. I'm searching for some really mellow, depressive, rock, that only Layne's pipes seem able to achieve. Above may be the greatest rock album of the 1990's. Pass that spoon, it's time to nod. :headbang:

Familiar with TotD, decent, but not what I'm looking for. TotD isn't anywhere near the quality of AIC/Mad Season. It's like comparing Susperia to Neurotica, child puhleeze.

The best thing by Nirvana was load, cock, pull. A travesty to my senses.

Jason, any samples of Paw? I could probably do a search on youtube, but I prefer being catered to.

The only STP I want to know is the air filter.

Mudhoney
Dinosaur Jr.
anyone?

Everyone tells me I should hear the early Mudhoney stuff. I've never really thought of Dinosaur Jr. as a grunge band but now that you mention it, yeah, the label sort of applies. Even with the black metal scream that starts out "Little Fury Things."

Tad.

edit: I previously mentioned they were from Boise. This is not true. Only Tad Doyle himself is from Boise. Carry on.