-ASK APOLLO YOUR QUESTIONS-

Papangelo

New Metal Member
May 6, 2009
-ASK APOLLO YOUR QUESTIONS-

One of the things Apollo enjoys the most, is having a chat with his fans.
Unfortunately, beeing in a band that tours as much as Firewind, and also having a full-time job and two small kids, leaves him with little personal time to browse forums.

Therefore I was suggested to become his spokesperson. So now you can ask your questions to Apollo in this thread and I will go over to him personally and have them answered for you.

Have fun!

QUESTIONS POSTED THIS FAR

1. What do you like to do on your time off? Hobbies beyond the life as musician or family man?
By Lt. Hellraiser

Thank you, Lt. Hellraiser. The thing I do when I have time off the music and family, without a doubt, is to spend more time with my friends. As it is right now I only have a few minutes per day, if any, to talk to my buddies. To just hang out is almost out of the question due to time restrictions. I also like reading when I can. I prefer the Stephen king/Koonz type of books.
Take care, Apollo.

2. Why did you decide to sing in a metal band, and how do your friends / family get along with it? Also do you have a regular job?

There was really no alternative. When I started out, metal was my world. It still is. I could not imagine singing any other kind of music, it just wouldnt be me. My family supports my decision in following this career, even though it can be tough for a family man to be on the road for weeks at an end.
Take care, Apollo.

3. What book were you reading on the UK Stratovarius tour?
By Katie'Force

It was a swedish book. "Let the right one in." A really nice vampire/horror story, that recently was filmed.
Take care, Apollo.

4. First of all: What's with the make-up?!
And how does your Christianity influence your songwriting as well as your role in the band?
By Aletheus

The minimal make up I use (just for the eyes) is a way to look more evil :)
Christianity does not affect my songwriting or anything else in my life. Common sense, does.
Take care, Apollo.

5. Do you have a kitty or puppy? If so what is its name?
By MystCat

I had a puppy. A Chinese Crested, but unfortunately it became sick and passed away. Perhaps we will buy another puppy in the near future.
Take care, Apollo.

6. Can you clarify if Niclas Engelin helped with the lyrics on The Premonition (i. e. Remembered) ? And what's your connection today with Engelin and the others of Gardenian, what were they like?
By Aletheus

Me and Niclas wrote that particular song together back then, both lyrics and songs. We are good friends today, and we hang out almost every day. I have no contact with Gardenian.
Take care, Apollo.

7. Is there any plans, hopes, or possibilities that you and the awesome Firewind guys will be visiting the far-off shores of Australia any time soon, perhaps the tour for the next album?
By Chopzta

Definitly, my friend. It is part of our plans. We will do everything we can to get to Australia and play for you guys.
Take care, Apollo.

First of all: What's with the make-up?!

And how does your Christianity influence your songwriting as well as your role in the band? What are the other members' views on religion if it's not a burden to ask. Thank you

Can you clarify if Niclas Engelin helped with the lyrics on The Premonition (i. e. Remembered) ? And what's your connection today with Engelin and the others of Gardenian, what were they like? ... it was one of my favorite bands and it's a shame they made only 3 records before splitting, I've heard Engelin has a new project called Engel but I'm not too familiar with it. Thanks again

Dear Mr Apollo

Is there any plans, hopes, or possibilities that you and the awesome Firewind guys will be visiting the far-off shores of Australia any time soon, perhaps the tour for the next album?

Your pal,

ch0pzta

Oh.. btw.. Apollo asked me to tell you Katie, that he misses you. He told me you are "A great girl" and things like that.

Also to tell another girl the same, but I actually managed to forget
her name. He just pointed at two avatar pictures on the forum when I was showing him the Lolapollos.. and I cant remember the name of the 2nd one. Its one of the regulars on the forums. Sorry, will ask him again next time I remember it :) He misses you too, unknown woman!

Holy sh`t, thanks for the response!

I will be front-row-center if/when Firewind come to Australia, i consider myself the biggest Firewind fan in the country \m/

Oh.. btw.. Apollo asked me to tell you Katie, that he misses you. He told me you are "A great girl" and things like that.

Also to tell another girl the same, but I actually managed to forget
her name. He just pointed at two avatar pictures on the forum when I was showing him the Lolapollos.. and I cant remember the name of the 2nd one. Its one of the regulars on the forums. Sorry, will ask him again next time I remember it :) He misses you too, unknown woman!

Awww bless him!!! Tell him I miss him too, seems ages since I saw him, cant wait for 2010 when he's back over here and we can hang out again.
Haha the other girl is Kirsty, I'll let her know what he said
So what did he think of the lolapollos?

Also that's a great book! Bizarely enough I actually bought that book on the first date of the Stratovarius tour so we were reading it at the same time!

He's seen the lolapollo's >//////<
Um...My brain is filled with math so..i cnat think of questions.

I be unknown woman! Haha.

Tell Apollo that Al of D and myself say hey.

And wait, hold the phone...his dog passed away!? That's awful and I'm so sorry to hear that. It was CUUUUUUTE! Apollo the Hamster is still alive! Quite a feat considering how old he is and the things he gets up to!

I can't think of any questions :(

Well since someone already mentioned the tour I think it'd be only fair to ask if you'd be coming to Croatia? :p Maybe some details on how broad the tour would be