Asking Alexandria - Reckless and Relentless

Discussing whether or not members like the vocal melodies and/or rock n roll type performances...

Doesn't belong in this thread...

However if you have some insight to the production of the album and/or questions pertaining to the production of this album then post away...

Do you get the point now captain obvious?

The thing is that joey does so much more then just mixing.. I can't say what joeys part have been here.. but in the paste he have done everything from writing stuff on the albums to coaching vocals and develop their "sound".

So don't see why some of the stuff should not fit in here.. oh and who made you the mod of this forum ?

.. and tbh if everything have to be straightly on topic all the time then this forum would die out quick as there is not soo much new "joey information" floating around all the time to discuss.

Discussing whether or not members like the vocal melodies and/or rock n roll type performances...

Doesn't belong in this thread...

However if you have some insight to the production of the album and/or questions pertaining to the production of this album then post away...

Do you get the point now captain obvious?

as far back as i can remember ...the song writing/vocal stylings and overall vibe of the music has always held production hand in hand, esp. in todays productions.

and since (from what people are saying in this thread) the new vocals (on the new album) have an entirely different production value which can have a lot to do with melody choices and delivery.

i just don't see the difference between discussing compression over melody when (at the end of the day) both play a huge roll in the production decisions.

but i could be completely wrong.

man something is up because the vocals are loud on my speakers.

i listened to it 10 min ago (adam a7's)... and last night at my friend's (adam a7's)

also in my car (honda)...

it sounds crazy good! (i don't hear what people are talking about).

maybe they are listening a extremely LOUD volumes??

I love the CD. the only thing I have noticed is that parts are REALLY idk how to put it... Jagged? Stand Up And Scream had a more Creamy, full sound to it. This one seems to have something clashing with something else. i dont know what it is though. It's still an amazing album and Joey is still the shit at what he does.

If you don't like it don't buy it and if your going to whine about the vocal melodies or the rock n roll type songs thats cool just dont post that BS here...

Thats all

Have a nice day
Dude, i'm sorry if i offended you. I just thought this topic was about the final product as a whole. Not just if the guitars are too loud/silent or ok. I was just pointing out things i do like in this album and things i don't like.

I do agree about the fact that Danny just might have the best screams and cleans in this genre. I just thing the melodies in stand up and scream served his voice better. Loving the dirty falsetto in this one though.

And for joey. The screams vocals are utter perfection. I'm not sure but maybe Cleans could stand out more. And i'm listenibg from my ipod at a noisy hall with in-ear sennheisers. So it might be the external noise talking. Though i am listening fairly loud.

dude the vocals sound fine on my monitors, car, ipod headphones, my crummy built in itouch speaker, and cd player... everyone is just picky.

Vox sound perfect to me...

Through adam a7's...

This another one of those albums in which the entire album is amazing as opposed to some biggest names in hardcore and metal having an album half good and half shit...

Again amazing job joey...

On this album how much would you say, percentage wise, did you contribute to song writing and/or arranging?

And also in comparison to how much of aforementioned did you contribute on stand up?

Vox sound perfect to me...

Through adam a7's...

This another one of those albums in which the entire album is amazing as opposed to some biggest names in hardcore and metal having an album half good and half shit...

Again amazing job joey...

On this album how much would you say, percentage wise, did you contribute to song writing and/or arranging?

And also in comparison to how much of aforementioned did you contribute on stand up?

thanks! i would say i probably contributed about 50%. i changed quite a bit of song structure, drums, guitar riffs, guitar leads, wrote all the bass and keys, and had many instructions for the vocal production (my engineer recorded the vocals in a different location using the same gear).

the radio song was more like 65% me