Assholes

Carpe Mortem

Benevolently Batshit
Aug 21, 2013
Creators of the plague song 'Cherry Pie' suck even more now. They offered to do a benefit show... then took the money and ran.

As stated by a local radio station:

"I give props to anyone who takes the stage to perform. Whether they are a comedian, musician, a DJ, or an Emcee at an event.

While I am not a fan of WARRANT I did think that is was cool that they would be helping out those impacted by the November 17th Tornado that changed the lives of so many people in Central Illinois.

Their original permits were pulled and Freakster's Roadhouse stepped up to host the show so the money could still be raised. I found out late Sunday that WARRANT didn't take the stage and left town with their money.

I am offering WARRANT the opportunity to call me and explain why they offered to do a fundraiser only to take the money and run.

Were they simply playing off the compassion of those of us living in Central Illinois to always lend a helping hand to make a quick buck?

I'll let my listeners chime in on their thoughts on WARRANT's actions this past weekend."

-Chandler

http://www.mixcloud.com/RockGatorRa...h-convoy-about-the-warrant-incident-on-51014/

10374907_836481356379271_7304859920063481865_n.jpg

Uh yeah, that's my hometown. No joke.

TBH, I'm not really sure what the fuck happened, but I know that our town council/whatever had something to do with it. I'm sure that this issue isn't totally black and white as some of the people make it out to be. I'm not sure, but I assume that our town cancelled the show on short notice and probably pissed off the band or something.

Whatever. Warrant is a fucking joke, especially without Jani Lane.

What the community SHOULD have done is get a fuckton of local bands to play for free and have all the money donated, instead of hiring some washed-up shitty Glam Rock band to play to a crowd of 30 people in bumfuck Pontiac, IL. I would have gladly played for free, and my home was a block from total destruction. I'm sure other local rock/metal bands would have played as well, despite 99% of them being fucking garbage.