Which Metal Acts Do YOU Utterly Despise?

hahah Ol' Dirty Bastard so those bands are overatted?Most of those bands are better then anything you will ever listen to in you're whole life fag.
And your favorite band is A-Ha HAHAHAHHA u fucking suck.

How can anyone HATE Maiden, in the truest sense of the word? They are the essence of everything 'metal' IMO!

cos their power metal spandex clad skum whose songs all sound the same .

could be worse you could like Iced Earth who basically a Iron Maiden tribute act

UM=Mainstream_supportnr1 said:
hahah Ol' Dirty Bastard so those bands are overatted?Most of those bands are better then anything you will ever listen to in you're whole life fag.
And your favorite band is A-Ha HAHAHAHHA u fucking suck.
Yeah well. You got into metal by listening to Slipknot, so anything you say is immediately rendered irrelevant. Now, go outside and play with your little friends, boy.

ps: Would it hurt you to, at the very least, attempt the use of proper spelling and grammar techniques?

"cos their power metal spandex clad skum whose songs all sound the same"

Spandex - not any more you twat! (and other bands wear much more dodgy shit!)

Power Metal - I wouldn't call them that!

Skum - is spelt 'sCum'

Songs all sound the same - perhaps, but then loads of Black/Death Metal does as well!

:)

Why don't you people all shut the fuck up about Ol' Dirty Bastard's taste in music? This isn't the only thread that's turned into the same discussion. Now shut the hell up. Just because you like a certain band doesn't mean everyone else does, now get over it.

Thank you! It's too bad that not everyone can think rationally enough to comprehend this little concept called an opinion. I guess that if I had come in here and said that I dislike Korn or Linkin Park or something typical that would be totally fine as the UM popular opinion agrees.

Ol' Dirty Bastard said:
The majority of power metal. Gay strippers probably take off their clothes in front of other men to that poncy shit.
Suffocation, Immolation, and any other "brutal" DM band with the -ation suffix.
Meshuggah
Saxon
Dark Tranquillity
Antestor
Superjoint Ritual
Cannibal Corpse
Deicide
Usurper
Mortification
Mortician
Nokturnal Mortum
Profanatica
Cryptopsy
Judas Iscariot
Kult ov Azazel
...and Oceans
Bolt Thrower
Malevolent Creation
Hateplow
Hypocrisy
Immortal
Neurosis
Pitch Shifter
Shadow's Fall
Skepticism
Tiamat
Vader
Wow. You hate a lot of true metal bands. What do you listen to then?

speed said:
Why do good bands like Megadeth, Maiden, Fear Factory, Entombed, Immortal, Morbid Angel- get on the list? Sure they all have bad albums- but they all put out very good albums. So, I dont know how one can hate some of these bands.
Perhaps they are too melodic for some people? (Especially the first two).

kollex said:
cos their power metal spandex clad skum whose songs all sound the same .
Iron Maiden's songs don't all sound the same. Even if they did, what's wrong with that? Better than changing their sound to sell more records like what Metallica are doing at the moment. At least Maiden perform more or less the same style of music over 20 odd years, so they obviously aren't in it just to satisfy the masses.

Still on the subject of songs sounding the same, don't you think a lot of really brutal death and black metal is repetitive? Not only that, there is practically no melody at all so the songs all have one thing in common - it's just noise.

At least Maiden have lots of lead guitar work, time changes and stuff like that, so they're not unoriginal at all.

UP THE IRONS!!

Life Sucks said:
Wow. You hate a lot of true metal bands. What do you listen to then?
Ok then, here are a few bands (metal or otherwise) that I DO like:
Ulver, Arcturus, Anathema, My Dying Bride, Carcass, Wumpscut, Pathologist, Portishead, Solefald, Bogus Blimp, Dimmu Borgir, Def Leppard, Emperor, Dokken, Mr. Bungle, Sigh, Faith No More, Death, Pestilence, Queensryche, Katatonia, maudlin of the Well, Bethlehem, TATU, In Flames, Opeth, Autechre, Dodheimsgard, Darkthrone, Soilwork, Devin Townsend, Dio, Testament, Massive Attack, Moonspell, Hooverphonic, Pyogenesis, Borknagar, Bal-Sagoth, Mudvayne, a-ha, Type O Negative, Yattering, Covenant, Misfits, Sins of Thy Beloved, The Gathering, Saigon Kick, David Bowie, Pink Floyd, Dead Kennedys, Tristania, Sirenia, Antimatter, Abigail, Carnival in Coal, Journey, Napalm Death, Anal Cunt, Rapture, Diabolical Masquerade, Paradise Lost, INXS, Maiden, Shape of Despair, Mayhem, Cultus Sanguine, Anorexia Nervosa, Samael, Morbid Angel, Dissection, Michael Jackson (pre-Dangerous), Beach Boys, Cradle of Filth, Nightwish, Upland, Judas Priest, Cynic, Theory in Practice, Fleurety, Gravediggaz, Wu-Tang Clan, Troll, Carnage, Siebenburgen, Entombed, Enslaved, Satyricon, Outkast, WHAM!, At The Gates, Grotesque, Star of Ash, Frank Sinatra, Bloodbath, Amorphis, Dimension Zero, Cadaver (Inc.), System of a Down, Front Line Assembly, Single Unit, Ministry (old), Vintersorg, Nile, Spiritual Beggars, Arch Enemy, Ebony Lake, Twilight Opera, Therion, The Mushroom River Band, LARD, Old Man's Child, Dark Funeral, Burzum, Gorgoroth, Smashing Pumpkins, Alice in Chains, Bjork, Cutthroat, Radiohead, Ved Buens Ende, Macabre, SOD, Megadeth, Garbage, Deceased, Misery Loves Co., ect ect ect...........

Well, I am not going to come on here and say something like this:

"I hate all Nu-Metal. It's not tr00 enough for me."

One Metal band in particular that I can't stand:

Metallica

henrikmain said:
Nile? You can't hate Nile! Impossible. And to that guy who hated Emperor and "99% of all black metal" - you're quite clearly a very sick individual. My hate list:

Nu-metal
Hair/80s metal
Power metal

More or less anything that isn't brutal death metal or black metal.

It's not that I hate them, I just don't see what the big deal is about them. They sound pretty damn generic to me except for the whole Egypt theme they have going.

Actually, I agree with you, they don't impress me a whole lot. The only thing they have that's unique is the egyptian theme, and maybe the annoying multiple vocalist aspect which really pisses me off about them.