Which Metal Acts Do YOU Utterly Despise?

Ol' Dirty Bastard said:
Ok then, here are a few bands (metal or otherwise) that I DO like:
Ulver, Arcturus, Anathema, My Dying Bride, Carcass, Wumpscut, Pathologist, Portishead, Solefald, Bogus Blimp, Dimmu Borgir, Def Leppard, Emperor, Dokken, Mr. Bungle, Sigh, Faith No More, Death, Pestilence, Queensryche, Katatonia, maudlin of the Well, Bethlehem, TATU, In Flames, Opeth, Autechre, Dodheimsgard, Darkthrone, Soilwork, Devin Townsend, Dio, Testament, Massive Attack, Moonspell, Hooverphonic, Pyogenesis, Borknagar, Bal-Sagoth, Mudvayne, a-ha, Type O Negative, Yattering, Covenant, Misfits, Sins of Thy Beloved, The Gathering, Saigon Kick, David Bowie, Pink Floyd, Dead Kennedys, Tristania, Sirenia, Antimatter, Abigail, Carnival in Coal, Journey, Napalm Death, Anal Cunt, Rapture, Diabolical Masquerade, Paradise Lost, INXS, Maiden, Shape of Despair, Mayhem, Cultus Sanguine, Anorexia Nervosa, Samael, Morbid Angel, Dissection, Michael Jackson (pre-Dangerous), Beach Boys, Cradle of Filth, Nightwish, Upland, Judas Priest, Cynic, Theory in Practice, Fleurety, Gravediggaz, Wu-Tang Clan, Troll, Carnage, Siebenburgen, Entombed, Enslaved, Satyricon, Outkast, WHAM!, At The Gates, Grotesque, Star of Ash, Frank Sinatra, Bloodbath, Amorphis, Dimension Zero, Cadaver (Inc.), System of a Down, Front Line Assembly, Single Unit, Ministry (old), Vintersorg, Nile, Spiritual Beggars, Arch Enemy, Ebony Lake, Twilight Opera, Therion, The Mushroom River Band, LARD, Old Man's Child, Dark Funeral, Burzum, Gorgoroth, Smashing Pumpkins, Alice in Chains, Bjork, Cutthroat, Radiohead, Ved Buens Ende, Macabre, SOD, Megadeth, Garbage, Deceased, Misery Loves Co., ect ect ect...........
Oh, ok. From your first post I got the impression that you hate all death metal and black metal in addition to all power metal, which collectively accounts for 80% of all metal around today.

Ol' Dirty Bastard said:
Ulver, Arcturus, Anathema, My Dying Bride, Carcass, Wumpscut, Pathologist, Portishead, Solefald, Bogus Blimp, Dimmu Borgir, Def Leppard, Emperor, Dokken, Mr. Bungle, Sigh, Faith No More, Death, Pestilence, Queensryche, Katatonia, maudlin of the Well, Bethlehem, TATU, In Flames, Opeth, Autechre, Dodheimsgard, Darkthrone, Soilwork, Devin Townsend, Dio, Testament, Massive Attack, Moonspell, Hooverphonic, Pyogenesis, Borknagar, Bal-Sagoth, Mudvayne, a-ha, Type O Negative, Yattering, Covenant, Misfits, Sins of Thy Beloved, The Gathering, Saigon Kick, David Bowie, Pink Floyd, Dead Kennedys, Tristania, Sirenia, Antimatter, Abigail, Carnival in Coal, Journey, Napalm Death, Anal Cunt, Rapture, Diabolical Masquerade, Paradise Lost, INXS, Maiden, Shape of Despair, Mayhem, Cultus Sanguine, Anorexia Nervosa, Samael, Morbid Angel, Dissection, Michael Jackson (pre-Dangerous), Beach Boys, Cradle of Filth, Nightwish, Upland, Judas Priest, Cynic, Theory in Practice, Fleurety, Gravediggaz, Wu-Tang Clan, Troll, Carnage, Siebenburgen, Entombed, Enslaved, Satyricon, Outkast, WHAM!, At The Gates, Grotesque, Star of Ash, Frank Sinatra, Bloodbath, Amorphis, Dimension Zero, Cadaver (Inc.), System of a Down, Front Line Assembly, Single Unit, Ministry (old), Vintersorg, Nile, Spiritual Beggars, Arch Enemy, Ebony Lake, Twilight Opera, Therion, The Mushroom River Band, LARD, Old Man's Child, Dark Funeral, Burzum, Gorgoroth, Smashing Pumpkins, Alice in Chains, Bjork, Cutthroat, Radiohead, Ved Buens Ende, Macabre, SOD, Megadeth, Garbage, Deceased, Misery Loves Co., ect ect ect...........
yeah look at this little attention WHORE.Dissing alot of amazing death and black metal bands.
How about these?Are they better?

TATU
Mudvayne
a-ha
Cradle of Filth
Wu-Tang Clan
Troll
Siebenburgen
Outkast
Old man's Child

You taste is totaly worthless.Im also sure you that copied all the band names you got mp'3s of hahhah.

UM=Mainstream_supportnr1, shut the fuck up, no one asked you for an opinion on someone else's[read: not yours] musical tastes. It's so goddamn typical of a lot of people on these boards to insult anything that isn't Metal, which is one of the most stupid thing you can do. Speed asked what he listened to, so he responded. What makes your taste any less 'worthless' than his? This bullshit has got to stop...

Profånity said:
They both rule.
I didn't want to be the one to tell you, but power metal and Soilwork are about as tolerable as getting rammed up the ass by Roseanne Barr wearing a strap-on. In other words, power metal and Soilwork are beyond horrendous.

And guess what? That's your opinion, and it means nothing to anyone who disagrees with you, such as me. You could try saying "I don't like Power Metal and Soilwork" next time, instead of reciting an erotic equivalent, though. Your opinion is no more correct than is mine or Profanity's.

And you could try to be a little more original than everyone's favorite "That's your opinion, so meh!"

Fucking kids.

Hmmmm..I hate Mortician! That is a talentless band, and I doubt they know it. Who else..I don't like Cephalic Carnage or Darkthrone much..it's hard to actually hate a band. I know I'm going to sound like everyone else when I say "I hate nu-metal bands." but oh well..

Dreamlord said:
And you could try to be a little more original than everyone's favorite "That's your opinion, so meh!"

Fucking kids.

If you hadn't made yourself out to be some pervert with a very specific anti-fetish in your last post, I would've said nothing, but I hate it when people go over the top like the way you did. Actually I meant no personal offense.

Morning Star said:
you guys said you hate limp bizkit, korn, evanescence and the rest of that shit.. I didn't even KNOW they were counted as metal, LOL

That's because you are an idiot. KoRn basically created what is called "Nu-Metal;" Which is Metal, there buddy.

Dreamlord said:
I didn't want to be the one to tell you, but power metal and Soilwork are about as tolerable as getting rammed up the ass by Roseanne Barr wearing a strap-on. In other words, power metal and Soilwork are beyond horrendous.
I don't mind Soildwork, but I agree with you about the power metal. I find the multi voice harmonies used in power metal to sound VERY annoyinng. Some power metal has cool riffs and instrumentation though, like Rhapsody, but the vocals ruin it.

vic was 'ere said:
Iron Maiden's songs don't all sound the same. Even if they did, what's wrong with that? Better than changing their sound to sell more records like what Metallica are doing at the moment. At least Maiden perform more or less the same style of music over 20 odd years, so they obviously aren't in it just to satisfy the masses.

Still on the subject of songs sounding the same, don't you think a lot of really brutal death and black metal is repetitive? Not only that, there is practically no melody at all so the songs all have one thing in common - it's just noise.

At least Maiden have lots of lead guitar work, time changes and stuff like that, so they're not unoriginal at all.

UP THE IRONS!!

ROCK ON!!! My thoughts exactly! Maiden still rule.

\m/

Ol' Dirty Bastard said:

Frankly, I can't be bothered to read that massive chunk of text. o_O

If it was in a list then it wouldn't be as bad! Oh well. Good to see you like some decent music as well as hate some!