At Dawn...

Draugen

I I I
Nov 7, 2002
Malmo, Sweden
Sorry to do commercial like this, but I just wanted to inform you guys that my band At Dawn... just have released our first demo. It's some sort of death/thrash metal in which I scream.
The entire demo (complete with artwork) can be downloaded here + there's also an 11-minute studiovideo from the recordings, which I must say is quite funny at times.

And since I'm already doing bloody commercials :)heh:) I might as well add that my folkmetal band Skald will be releasing our second demo "Trolska Vemodsband" any day now. We're just waiting for mr. Amf to send us the artwork and then you'll get kicked by some serious folkmetal in your face. I'll let you know when it's done... :headbang:

We're just waiting for mr. Amf to send us the artwork and then you'll get kicked by some serious folkmetal in your face. I'll let you know when it's done... :headbang:
I've localized a scanner, so will hopefully have it scanned for you by tomorrow. :)

Good stuff man, the only music i heard is from the recording video, and what iheard is very good. Man, i laughed so badly at the part where you somehow got Ehum after "..pound your head to dust" and they replayed and icouldnt help myself from laughing my ass of :lol: . "Satte du kuken i halsen eller?":p
Ill give the demo some listening and ill comment later ^^

Good stuff man, the only music i heard is from the recording video, and what iheard is very good. Man, i laughed so badly at the part where you somehow got Ehum after "..pound your head to dust" and they replayed and icouldnt help myself from laughing my ass of :lol: . "Satte du kuken i halsen eller?":p
Ill give the demo some listening and ill comment later ^^

:lol: Hehe, I was so ashamed when I first heard it and I didn't want it to be released. But fourtunatley, I too can laugh at it now...

I listened to the demo, and i gotta say i really like it. Ive listened to each song many times (and still am) :)
Only little complaint i have is that the songs are a bit to much like eachother, which really isnt a problem with a 5song demo, but with a full cd itd require some more variation:) Otherwise very good man! also, i feel a bit sorry for the bassist whos cut out of the mix:erk: but that probably just comes from me because i play bassguitar myself.

I listened to the demo, and i gotta say i really like it. Ive listened to each song many times (and still am) :)
Only little complaint i have is that the songs are a bit to much like eachother, which really isnt a problem with a 5song demo, but with a full cd itd require some more variation:) Otherwise very good man! also, i feel a bit sorry for the bassist whos cut out of the mix:erk: but that probably just comes from me because i play bassguitar myself.

Glad you like it! :) I think everyone in the band agrees that the songs sound a bit same, but they were written during a 2 year period or something like that. So each time it was time for a (sporadic) rehearsal, the band forgot how their earlier songs sounded like. :Smug: The first song was the last one which was finished a week or so before entering the studio.
Hehe, I'll let the bassplayer know you're sorry for him...

Thanks!
No, I don't think so. We haven't really talked about it though, but I don't think the other guys are that serious with the band. But I don't really know yet...

denna demo är ganska bra...

I couldn't understand most of the stuff in the video but Satte du kuken i halsen eller...is deffinetly something i did understand:lol:

I'm really impressed! Didn't think I liked thrash metal much, but apperently I was wrong cause I like this. :) And your growling is really good!

About the Skald-cover.. There was no scanner where there was supposed to be one, for some reason. But there is another one... just got to catch the right teacher to let me use it... So to echo myself: tomorrow hopefully... :/

I'm really impressed! Didn't think I liked thrash metal much, but apperently I was wrong cause I like this. :) And your growling is really good!

I agree, it's really much better than what I expected form "some guys posting their demo on the internet" ;) :).

I agree, it's really much better than what I expected form "some guys posting their demo on the internet" ;) :).

Thanks a lot (both of you)! I was kinda surprised when I heard the result as well, so I guess I owe a lot to the producer. :rolleyes: But honestly, I think that the real recipe for my voice sounding as it does is:
1. The producer knew exactly what he was doing
2. I had a terrible cold
3. I drank a lot of whiskey (the most disgusting brand I've ever tasted)

Yeah man, the songs were top notch quality! Hope you realese ur second skald demo soon. I listened to the first and the songs and concept were great, but the sound quality wasnt close to as good as the At Dawn demo. But im sure the soundquality will be better this time:D

Thanks a lot (both of you)! I was kinda surprised when I heard the result as well, so I guess I owe a lot to the producer. :rolleyes: But honestly, I think that the real recipe for my voice sounding as it does is:
1. The producer knew exactly what he was doing
2. I had a terrible cold
3. I drank a lot of whiskey (the most disgusting brand I've ever tasted)
4. Du satte kuken i halsen. :eek:

Gotta say Skald is growing on me alot. Its a very nice change from the rest of the bunch of bands:cool:
Gillar speciellt "Sång om Våren".