"Fission"

Vintersorg

(sym)phony (com)poser
Dec 16, 2001
Me and Vintersorg live session drummer Benny, have signed to Napalm records for our melodic thrash band called "Fission" we're writing songs at the moment for the debut album, which we intend to record this year, during various times....it's heavy and hard, still harmonious and melodic..I'm very impressed with the songs we've done so far....maybe we'll have some of the demo songs up on the Vintersorg site.....wew'll see.

mr V

Was that project mentioned before? I'm loosing the overall view on all your work it seems :loco:
Anyway.......you two are the only ones part of that project or are there any more musicians involved?

Thats great :) I know some people who will be proud of benny now, haha :dopey:

FANtastic... I need more good CDs :)

cddisc.gif
Sugar - Shine (Korean Pop)
/* random quote */
Hala Madrid! Real Madrid CF.

Gerald said:
Will it be in swedish and generally about the nature theme or even moving past the "....Spiral Generator" release and 100% english now :( ?

The lyrics swirls around man and madness, the way society see it, and the way we see it. Madness is something that's very subjective, and many times it more an expression of creativeness and ingenoius thinking , than actually pure lunacy.....so we use that topic as a origin cell..and have developed the themes under that banner....most of the artists, authors and scinetist that have progressed man and our thinking have beed called insane....but that's healthy insanity from our point of view.

Mr V

hm.. thrash you say, would be nice if we could narrow it down some hehe, i know it might be hard for you to say (admit ;)) but have you got any band-relatives soundwise? or is it completey ground-breaking? :)

spaffe said:
hm.. thrash you say, would be nice if we could narrow it down some hehe, i know it might be hard for you to say (admit ;)) but have you got any band-relatives soundwise? or is it completey ground-breaking? :)

Hard to say actually...but it has some of the melodism that At the gates for example had on some parts...but I do both screaming and "clear" vocal parts...so it's different..and we have more kind of spiritual keyboards as well....I have a hard time comparing it with other bands...

mr V

I am pretty sure it will be great :)
Looking forward to it, and the Vintersorg album, the Borknagar album, and the Ion album if there is one coming.

panzer0x said:
Sounds fucking awesome :) Will it be technical in the same vein as VFTSG (Or even more technical?)?

Not thechnical in the same vein...it's more razor sharp riff bendings...but vocals and keyboards adds a nice atmosphere to it, so it's not like Vintersorg.....and that feels great, that it actually have it's own identity.

mr V

Vintersorg said:
.....and that feels great, that it actually have it's own identity.

It's kind of like a younger sibling. It is it's own person, but everybody compares you to your older brother (or sister). :loco:

cddisc.gif
Lullacry -- Crucify My Heart -- Alright Tonight
/* random quote */
If they aren't giving us bonuses, at Christmas they should let us punch [the CEO] in the gut.

Vintersorg said:
[...]most of the artists, authors and scinetist that have progressed man and our thinking have beed called insane....but that's healthy insanity from our point of view.[...]

Mr V
I remember when i started listening to metal (around 1989 goddammit lol) there was a band called Pestilence with a fabulous album faintly pointing into your direction - Testimony of the Ancients.
Sophisticated Death- Metal, totally infested with the world conspiracy theory of templars undermining society. Made an interesting mix though and i hope you guys are trying to walk over the edge too.
Let it be new - too many people already posted their way of thinking and brought nothing new, dammit even Quorthon and his wicked Bathory crew were kind of new throughout the years.
P.S.:
artists, authors and scienetist dont push development, they are the fundament of our intellectual evolution....and this unfortunately takes loads of time - i dedicated my life to this too (old and scientist :cool: )