Fission album "Crater"

svältvinter said:
aaah.......CRATER was exellent, really like that song "Eremiten", it has so meny diffrent parts, so good, that song could as well have been on a Vintersorgalbum, not so diffrent from "the focusing blur"-songs i belive! The album wasn´t as easylistend that i thought it whould be, but then offcource, no vintersorgalbum is that today. Great job Mr.V

One thing.....isn´t "in your face thrash" best performed live?? Is it a imposible thought, that Fission ever will do a gig?

It's strictly a studio band, so no gigs.

mr V

After a first listen I think it's god but not excellent. it's fine thrash and nice to have a killer swedish song. Some of the choruses(and songs) are a lot more memorable than other. Fission really isn't doing groundbreaking music it's like At the Gates + Vintersorg. The album might get better with time. I´ll give it a 7/10 after first hearing. Now I´ll just have to give it another spin:Spin: and who knows maybe it will improve like the new Borknagar in my case

the album is a lot heavier than I expected and I thought V-man would play guitar and write lyrics, however Benny pulles the riffing very nicely and writes good stuff dealing with modern life

Really good, i can't help listening the sample again and again!
Damn hard to get a V. album here in Russia - only after our own companies releases&damn expensive to order from Europe...
Btw, is it okay for an "Epic" vinyl to cost 30 euros?

Djöfull said:
After a first listen I think it's god but not excellent. it's fine thrash and nice to have a killer swedish song. Some of the choruses(and songs) are a lot more memorable than other. Fission really isn't doing groundbreaking music it's like At the Gates + Vintersorg. The album might get better with time. I´ll give it a 7/10 after first hearing. Now I´ll just have to give it another spin:Spin: and who knows maybe it will improve like the new Borknagar in my case

the album is a lot heavier than I expected and I thought V-man would play guitar and write lyrics, however Benny pulles the riffing very nicely and writes good stuff dealing with modern life
Isn´t that groundbreaking to mix atthegates/haunted with focusingblur :p

I don´t think anyone did that before!

Djöfull said:

It's me who write the lyrics...as you can see in the booklet!!!!!

mr V

Vintersorg said:
It's me who write the lyrics...as you can see in the booklet!!!!!

mr V
oops must have slipped my eye:cool: :erk:
Well anyway upon 2-3rd listen I think the first 2 tracks( no that's not including the intro) and the last 2 tracks are really good while the other ones are good/average. Track 3 really has a seventies-hippy like first clean chorus:err:
In the booklet of Crater one can see how long Mr. V's hair was this spring, that's really one hairus longissimus!! If it was bugging you you could have shortened it to your tits err I mean nipples .. or shoulders for that matter. You just could grow it back to that level.. Any way nevermind me although I like you better with longer hair :loco:

svältvinter said:
Is there any reason why it´s so strictly NO GIGS??

Because this is just a studio project, that work on from time to time...simple as that!!

mr V

Vintersorg said:
Because this is just a studio project, that work on from time to time...simple as that!!

mr V
:( that sucks!
1.Is Borknagar and Vintersorg not bands that works from time to time?, or what are they then?
2.Will Borknagar ever play live again?
3.Will there be a 4th Vintersorgalbum this year, in form of havayoth (that will come out in 2002 as it says on theh site:loco: )

I hope mr V. ever visits Mother-Russia... Bloody close to Sweden,actually... Just as a tourist, maybe with just one concert but MANY people wil come to listen,i'm sure...

Great album Andreas. I have listened to it about 12 times now and its a bit more melodic than I was expecting, which isn't a bad thing. Your vocals are amazing as usual. I really enjoy "Empty Nimbus" and still am wondering what The Core - 118 Proton of Insanity is all about. Eremiten is also really good, can't wait for the new Vintersorg with some more Swedish songs on it!

2004 has been a great year...

winter-frost said:
Great album Andreas. I have listened to it about 12 times now and its a bit more melodic than I was expecting, which isn't a bad thing. Your vocals are amazing as usual. I really enjoy "Empty Nimbus" and still am wondering what The Core - 118 Proton of Insanity is all about. Eremiten is also really good, can't wait for the new Vintersorg with some more Swedish songs on it!

2004 has been a great year...

The Core----is actually a little word quest I must say....the heaviest element in the periodic table and in nature of course have 118 protons in it's core...so if you have 118 protons of insanity, it would be the greatest lunatic of 'em all...hehehehe...glad you like the album.

mr V

I doubt I would have ever figured that out. So that element is no longer subject of arguement whether it exists or not? Well, doesn't make much difference to me anyway. But while we're on the subject of chemists: I recently read that the Russian guy (can't remember how to spell his name) who invented the periodic table was said to be inspired by the card game solitaire....I remember that because I thought that's quite funny if it was true.

As for the rest of the lyrics....I still haven't found (or taken) the time to go through them more detailed. Some tricky words again....how do you know them all, damn it!! :p