Fission album "Crater"

So mr V, have you planned some release date already? And has some artwork already been done?

Can't wait to hear this new project... let's hope there will be some possibility to buy it in Poland :/ (I've managed to get both Otygs and "Ödemarkens Son" :D here, but it was almost impossible, and there were heaps of mistakes/misprints inside the booklet)

lord_storm said:
So mr V, have you planned some release date already? And has some artwork already been done?

Can't wait to hear this new project... let's hope there will be some possibility to buy it in Poland :/ (I've managed to get both Otygs and "Ödemarkens Son" :D here, but it was almost impossible, and there were heaps of mistakes/misprints inside the booklet)
I think the release is planned for August....

mr V

That's got to be a great feeling to record and mix the whole thing yourselves. I know how challenging it can be (though on a much smaller scale... I can't even imagine doing a whole album!). Congratulations on completing the project. As with everyone else, I'll look forward to getting my hands on it, and hearing samples when they're available. I'm sure it'll be great :headbang:

I doubt I'm alone in this... but I'd also love to hear about the software and equipment you used to do your own recording/mixing. Are you going to include that kind of info on the album? I think that would be cool.

~Robert

ADS said:
That's got to be a great feeling to record and mix the whole thing yourselves. I know how challenging it can be (though on a much smaller scale... I can't even imagine doing a whole album!). Congratulations on completing the project. As with everyone else, I'll look forward to getting my hands on it, and hearing samples when they're available. I'm sure it'll be great :headbang:

I doubt I'm alone in this... but I'd also love to hear about the software and equipment you used to do your own recording/mixing. Are you going to include that kind of info on the album? I think that would be cool.

~Robert
the info list got quite ong as it is, without all the equipment listing...so no such thing will be on the album...

I really like the sound on the piece, not the superduper fat wall kind of sound, more harsh and alive, but of course not cheap-dirty...

mr V

Miaaaaw! Half answer!! I was curious too as in what you use, if it is computerized or simply normal studio stuff...

Hell, it would be quite nice for the few of us that are musician, wheter we are talented or not...*grin*

Miaaaw miaaaw! And curiosity kiled the cat!

Vintersorg said:
the info list got quite ong as it is, without all the equipment listing...so no such thing will be on the album...

I understand. I'm sure there is a lot of more important information to put on an album than equipment and recording techniques. Anyway... it's probably only tech-nerds like me that would want to read that stuff anyway :)

Fission sounds great, mr. V... you've definitely got me fired up to hear it.

~Robert

ADS said:
I understand. I'm sure there is a lot of more important information to put on an album than equipment and recording techniques. Anyway... it's probably only tech-nerds like me that would want to read that stuff anyway :)

Fission sounds great, mr. V... you've definitely got me fired up to hear it.

~Robert
some info: The album is recorded in both Protools and Cubase SX...and we didn't actually use any guitar amp, its all POD pro and V-amp, bass the same..a bass POD and some other vst plugin over it. All keyboards are vsti and some giga samples....so it's a pure digital thing, but we manish to get a very analogue sound.......so

mr V

Thanks for the info! I really appreciate you sharing it with us. Wow... now I REALLY want to hear "Crater"!! Protools, PODs and VSTs are the kinds of tools I use for my own amateur stuff. It will be enjoyable to hear those kinds of things on a full blown album production (especially an album not intended to be "electronic music"). PODs are amazing to me... I don't know how I managed to survive before Line6 came into existence. Well, I'll tell you how... I made really horrible sounding guitar recordings, that's how :)

I find it very interesting using technology to make create something more traditional or analog sounding. This is particularly fascinating with respect to strings and orchestral arrangements. I think of the effort I put into making a string arrangement sound real and natural, when the classical masters did it hundreds of years ago using nothing but notes on a piece of paper and instruments of metal and wood. I stare at the glow of my computer monitor, while they used ink and quill by candlelight.

It makes for an interesting perspective on the age we live in - almost like a contradiction of sorts. The blessing and curse that is modern technology.

Anyway, enough of my babbling. That's VERY cool, mr. V. Thanks again for elaborating on some of the production details with us.

~Robert

Nordabrand said:
LOL! Then I'm truly sorry dude! I just find the stupidity in listening to Devourer and their lyrics completely beyond this world's reasoning - it's a childish mix of idiocy, lunacy and a pathetic search for an identity.

Once again, really sorry then, and stay on Vintersorg, dont go over to 100% crap like Devourer!

Hm, I listen to Dimmu Borgir, Dark Funeral and so on, but I don't have to be a satanist, do I? I listen to Crosby, Stills & Nash and Led Zeppelin too, but I'm not a hippie :) But perhaps the band Devourer (never heard of them) is a special case...

Greetings.

I've found this tracklist somewhere in the net:
Fission - Crater
01. Mechanism
02. Crater
03. Accelerator
04. Empty Nimbus
05. Magnetism
06. Catastrophe Consumer
07. The Core - 118 Protons of Insanity
08. Mind Vortex
09. The Chaos Algorithm
10. Eremiten
11. Syndrome

i wonder about 10th track. Is it in swedish Mr. V? It would be great to hear You singing in swedish once more :)
and another question: Is the artwork for this album already designed? If yes, then who is the author of it?

Can't wait to buy & hear the album :)

lord_storm said:
Greetings.

I've found this tracklist somewhere in the net:
Fission - Crater
01. Mechanism
02. Crater
03. Accelerator
04. Empty Nimbus
05. Magnetism
06. Catastrophe Consumer
07. The Core - 118 Protons of Insanity
08. Mind Vortex
09. The Chaos Algorithm
10. Eremiten
11. Syndrome

i wonder about 10th track. Is it in swedish Mr. V? It would be great to hear You singing in swedish once more :)
and another question: Is the artwork for this album already designed? If yes, then who is the author of it?

Can't wait to buy & hear the album :)

The track you mentioned is in swedish...the artwork is done by the guy who did the last Vintersorg album...

mr V

lord_storm said:
and another question: Is the artwork for this album already designed?
here it is (damn small though)

news_fission.jpg