Fission album "Crater"

spaffe said:
what is it? looks like a lump of fudge :err:

hehehehehe....it's a person/persona/creature/essence..etc.....wrap up in a bag, trying to get out..and it has a xymbolic value that goes hand in hand with the lyrics..

mr V

Gaunerin said:
I don't like that style of cover art either.

The thing with the design is...that you shouldn't think that it will have anything to do with Vintersorg or Borknagar ..or..or..it's totally diffferent band with a totally different approach in themes anddesign...but taste is so personal..so everybody can't like it..the important thing is that we love it ourselves...it reflects the sound and mind of Fission perfectly

Vintersorg said:
The thing with the design is...that you shouldn't think that it will have anything to do with Vintersorg or Borknagar ..or..or..it's totally diffferent band with a totally different approach in themes anddesign...but taste is so personal..so everybody can't like it..the important thing is that we love it ourselves...it reflects the sound and mind of Fission perfectly

lol when I read Vintersorg's replies to some posts, I really can't image how he comes up with all his complicated lyrics when his posts are full of grammatical mistakes :p (well this reply ain't that bad :p seen worse :p). No offence Mr. V !!! hehe :headbang:

Vintersorg said:
The thing with the design is...that you shouldn't think that it will have anything to do with Vintersorg or Borknagar
absolutely and I think you totally succeeded there

Vintersorg said:
it reflects the sound and mind of Fission perfectly
I fail to see that. To me the album sounds totally different to what the cover looks like. I would never expect a metal album by just looking at this cover, it's so "un-metal". I hope I'm not sounding narrow-minded because I believe I'm not. I'm far from thinking everything has to look or sound "metal". But I guess that's not even what you meant when you said it reflects the sound.

Anyway, I'm not having a big problem with cover art I don't like......I'm much more listening to an album than looking at it ;)

Gaunerin said:
absolutely and I think you totally succeeded there

I fail to see that. To me the album sounds totally different to what the cover looks like. I would never expect a metal album by just looking at this cover, it's so "un-metal". I hope I'm not sounding narrow-minded because I believe I'm not. I'm far from thinking everything has to look or sound "metal". But I guess that's not even what you meant when you said it reflects the sound.

Anyway, I'm not having a big problem with cover art I don't like......I'm much more listening to an album than looking at it ;)

Where have you seen the cover? Is there a larger image out somewhere? I mean, there´s no way to make a judgement on that small one seen here.

Well it should come out today August 23rd. Anyone been able to buy it somewhere? I am hoping The End Records will get it in sometime this week!

winter-frost said:
Well it should come out today August 23rd. Anyone been able to buy it somewhere? I am hoping The End Records will get it in sometime this week!
The dude at the SoundPollution recordstore in stockholm said that the releasedate is august 25th, so i guess i have to wait 2 more days :(

After hearing the Crater-sample (http://www.napalmrecords.com/mp3/fission04.mp3) im pretty sure this is going to be the best album by any "vintersorgband" in meny years, its so fucking awesome, i can´t wait!!

JonnyD said:
I just Heard the Sample .... *Drooooools* Awsome! I Need to Own this!
Yeah the sample was fantastic. I am still playing the new Borknagar like every other day, when I get Fission it will be a Vintersorg overload :cool:

aaah.......CRATER was exellent, really like that song "Eremiten", it has so meny diffrent parts, so good, that song could as well have been on a Vintersorgalbum, not so diffrent from "the focusing blur"-songs i belive! The album wasn´t as easylistend that i thought it whould be, but then offcource, no vintersorgalbum is that today. Great job Mr.V

One thing.....isn´t "in your face thrash" best performed live?? Is it a imposible thought, that Fission ever will do a gig?