Atheist

Do you know Cynic? Atheist is almost a continuation of Cynic.
Progressive death metal.
And saying progressive you get really progressive sound, unbelievable musicianship, fantastic song strustures.
man they rule!!!
I have the lp of "Unquestionable Presence" and the "Piece of time" in a tape.
these guys were way ahead of their time.

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

for now it can only be seen in my Audiogalaxy queue list, my poor 56k modem is for now too busy downloading the first Led Zeppelin albums :D

but nothing last forever and one (close) day that work will be over. so Atheist surely will appear in my NP :)

I've used that exact comparison before! Sums it up pretty well. 'Elements' is a major stoner album. Very... natural. I believed you will find marijuana listed in their thanks list more than once.
Piece of time was the heaviest, most thrash-like album. Fucking seriously incredible shit going on.
I'd say Unquestionable Presence is their most 'Death' sounding album.
As stated numerous times... ALL fucking classics.

for some reason, whenever i hear the word 'athiest' , the band 'pestilence' always pops into mind.

strange huh?

Originally posted by Trapped
for some reason, whenever i hear the word 'athiest' , the band 'pestilence' always pops into mind.

strange huh?
yeah! really strange! and how about the word "Cynic" that comes to my mind when i hear the word "Atheist" (and when i look at your title :D )

ha ha.

I guess bands just get lumped together despite their differences (eg: old metallica & megadeth)