I hate Nevermore vocals....

CONCLAVE OBSCURUM

untruly evil
Dec 19, 2002
Mexico
www.gardenian.8m.com
I'm sorry.... that's just my opinion.

I think that nevermore would be better with some "death metal" vocals.

I love the music of this guys, its so full of power, energy... it could be my favorite band if it had a diffrent vocalist.

Does anybody else think the same way i do???....

occasional growling vox would be an excellent addition indeed.

oh hey hemi, awesome sig, Giger rocks, as does emerson lake and palmer :D

Warrel has a great voice. I heard him singing last night.

And Nevermore is HIS band so I guess, they can have whatever sound THEY would like.

Think you can do better?

Start your own band.

Variety is the spice of life.

If everyone liked the same things it would get pretty boring lemme tell ya.

Mistress Masie said:
Warrel has a great voice. I heard him singing last night.

And Nevermore is HIS band so I guess, they can have whatever sound THEY would like.

Think you can do better?

Start your own band.

Variety is the spice of life.

If everyone liked the same things it would get pretty boring lemme tell ya.

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!

Actually, Warrel is my favourite vocalist (obviously, you can tell by my avatar). He has an incredible voice range. That's what makes the band unique. Growling wouldn't be necessary, it won't even fit with Nevermore.

fuck growling, only ONE individual can SUCCESSFULLY pull of tr00 necro kvlt growls

he goes by the name of THE COOKIE MONSTER

PERIOD.

See now for me, Warrel's voice is one of the things that makes the band great. I would love more death metal if they dropped the cookie monster vocals, normally the music rules and the vocals suck.
But bieng a singer myself, with a trained voice, I get upset sometimes that there aren't alot of other bands like Nevermore. We need more bands that are heavy but still have melody in the vocals.
Nevermore is in a very odd place musically, they aren't " PROG " enough for most of the progressive fans, not death metal enough for the death metal fans, not power metal enough for the power metal kids.
As far as the original post goes, I say go listen to some death metal and leave Nevermore the way they are.
But to end this, I will say that I can understand why some people might not like them as is.

yeh, nevermore doesnt need growls. i listen to plenty of other bands that have the death vocals. but also what this dude said above...i would disagree. i think the different elements attract a more wide variety of fans. i know for a lot of people here, nevermore ranks high on thier list of favorites next to bands that are a totaly different style. the vast majority of my favorite metal bands use screamy vocals, as im not really a 'clean' vocal fan for the most part. WD is just better than the rest.
-neal

I'd prefer more Sanctuary screams...Nevermore just wouldn't fit with death growls the way, say, Testament does. I think it would be interesting to hear some Iced Earth death growls, or at least snarls, like the sixth circle of Dante's Inferno on Alive In Athens. That is some sick shit.

1) Warrel's vocals are mere death-vox comparing to what you can hear in Sanctuary, speaking of live as on CD. :err:
2) listen to a bit of Edge Of Sanity, Grave, Gorguts, Righteous Pigs, Frank Mullen and Glen Benton. and others... that lifts the spirit. (I say that because I finally bought myself "Legion" CD, and after many years I have the opportunity to re/enjoy it....)