Nevermore @ Wacken 06

metalbloodtoejam

New Metal Member
Aug 9, 2006
I couldn't believe my ears when I watched this clip of Wacken 06.
mms://84.19.179.46/woa/woa2006_06.wmv

I love Nevermore but they sound like crap this time around. What the Hell is going on? Even their other live videos on youtube the band sounds like crap.
They have got to bring Steve Smythe back, they sounded much better as a band with him. Seems they have lost that edge. What does everyone else think? Get better Steve, Nevermore fans are missing you.

Wacken 04
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ABDnaB3wzFg

I thought they were better this time round. The sound for me was great, but I was right down the front centre. Chris Broderick (sp? that is who the 2nd guitarist was...right?) did a very good job indeed, I was impressed.

My only annoyance is no early material was played, but then at a festival I guess they were going for what they felt most people would know.

I was there and enjoyed the gig. It didn´t sound crappy at all. 2004 was way worse, imho. I don´t think this has anything to do with the band but with the guys mixing the gigs.
I mean... there are allways concerts at Wacken that sound like crap and I really don´t think that´s the fault of the bands....

did you hear the sound live or just on youtube?

perhaps the live sound was much better (they used a shitty recording tool?).
perhaps it was recorded from a part where the sound was really bad (the sound depends on your location especially at this huge festivals)
perhaps you´re the one oh the few who thinks the sound sucks
perhaps perhaps perhaps...
but one thing is for sure- the 2. guitarist chris broderick doesn´t ruin the sound.
he´s an excellent guitarist. otherwise the nevermore guys would not take him on the road...

rock on

but hey they love the fans, and what they do...in memory cd is the finest gem in heavy metal rocks who carez...get the yin and yang dude, their unique in their approach...

rebirth... said:
their unique in their approach...
yeh, I think that's why I love them. o_O
heard both the good and the bad edition(s) but atmosphere is always equally great. at Metalcamp now for instance the sound was pure suckage but they ruled anyway. as always. :cool:

Broderick's skill is so good, the sound quality cowers in fear :tickled:

wasnt the guitar, at all... Chris's backup vocals, on the other hand hehe... but hey, sounded good for the most part :D

Well, true I wasn't there at Wacken. The sound quality is shitty on the recording end. But even then it just seems like Nevermore was much more tighter as a unit when Smythe was with them. I guess that rehearsal has
a lot to do with that. Chris is a great guitarist and maybe he needs more time with the band. I dont know, is he now a permanent member? Does anyone
know if Nevermore plans on bringing Smythe back when he gets better?

metalbloodtoejam said:
Well, true I wasn't there at Wacken. The sound quality is shitty on the recording end. But even then it just seems like Nevermore was much more tighter as a unit when Smythe was with them. I guess that rehearsal has
a lot to do with that. Chris is a great guitarist and maybe he needs more time with the band. I dont know, is he now a permanent member? Does anyone

Steve's still a member, as far as I know, so my guess would be yes. However...

When we played with them in May, the band was tight as hell - with Chris.. (As half the forum can attest to, since they were there.) So I suspect it's a sound issue, and not a playing issue.

metalbloodtoejam said:

Wow - why do i get the feeling this is a Smythe groupie? It's great if you love Steve, but Steve is ill and not able to tour. Chris is fucking awesome. Out of the two guitarists my oppinion is that Chris SMOKES Steve, but I like Steve too and would never bash the man.

Since you only have two posts I gotta assumed that you joined the forum purely to bash Chris, a long time friend of the bands (and mine) that learned a full set of Nevermore material in four days before their tour in order to fill in for Steve.

^ Steph, Chris smokes EVERYBODY. I've seen him enough times to know that.

Smyth is a friend, a great guy, and a great guitarist in his own right - and the perfect fit for Nevermore. Since he's not available, however, I'd much rather see Chris there than, oh, Curran. :lol:

Will Bozarth said:
Broderick's skill is so good, the sound quality cowers in fear :tickled:

wasnt the guitar, at all... Chris's backup vocals, on the other hand hehe... but hey, sounded good for the most part :D
The thing is, Loomis' backing vocals rock, why didn't he do them this time round I wanna know.

Didn't make much difference at the time though, I was too busy trying not to have my head ripped off by the constant flow of crowd surfers... :mad:

DaveIoC said:
The thing is, Loomis' backing vocals rock, why didn't he do them this time round I wanna know.

Didn't make much difference at the time though, I was too busy trying not to have my head ripped off by the constant flow of crowd surfers... :mad:

Chris' vocals were a little too loud in that clip. From what I've heard, Jeff doesn't like to sing, so he avoids it if possible. Anyone see the video from the Century Media Anniversary party? Loomey's vocals were killin' me at that show. I could hear him waaaay louder than I could hear WD. But it was his b-day and i think we had about a gallon of booze before the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=War-fOXGXX8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RicBNtiiHls

The sound sucks in that clip. Clear your ears people!

And no need to be so defensive Metalsteph - you say your not gonna bash Smyth but you do just that?

MetalSteph said:
Wow - why do i get the feeling this is a Smythe groupie?.....Out of the two guitarists my oppinion is that Chris SMOKES Steve, but I like Steve too and would never bash the man.

That's pretty sad. Dont bash the sick. Everyones entitled to their own opinion, even metalbloodtoejam (what kind of name is that anyway?).

Hope you get better real soon Steve! (that's if you even bother reading this crap....)

MetalFister said:
The sound sucks in that clip. Clear your ears people!

And no need to be so defensive Metalsteph - you say your not gonna bash Smyth but you do just that?

MetalSteph said:
Wow - why do i get the feeling this is a Smythe groupie?.....Out of the two guitarists my oppinion is that Chris SMOKES Steve, but I like Steve too and would never bash the man.

That's pretty sad. Dont bash the sick. Everyones entitled to their own opinion, even metalbloodtoejam (what kind of name is that anyway?).

Hope you get better real soon Steve! (that's if you even bother reading this crap....)

Another noobie?

Ahahah

I didn't bash Steve. I said I like Chris better. Bashing Steve would be to say that "Nevermore started sucking when he joined. Where the hell is Tim, Pat or Curran." Dork.