I hate Nevermore vocals....

CONCLAVE OBSCURUM said:
I'm sorry.... that's just my opinion.

I think that nevermore would be better with some "death metal" vocals.

I love the music of this guys, its so full of power, energy... it could be my favorite band if it had a diffrent vocalist.

Does anybody else think the same way i do???....
no

Warrel's vocals are just one of the great things I like about Nevermore. He's got such a diverse range and he knows how to use it. I think I wouldn't appreciate the band as much without Warrel's vocals (and lyrics).

A lot of the deathmetal vocalists (atleast swedish ones not including In Flames) are also pretty good at singing clean, but are most of the time a bit monotone in range. I'm not a huge dethmetal fan because of the growling vocals, but I do like the music and have gotten sort of use to them in the passing years.

CONCLAVE OBSCURUM said:
For those who call it "Cookie monster crap"(or whatever):
If you don't like death metal, pretend to know something about it.

I know sesame street, and don't you fucking doubt the cookie monster.

CONCLAVE OBSCURUM said:
I'm sorry.... that's just my opinion.

I think that nevermore would be better with some "death metal" vocals.

I love the music of this guys, its so full of power, energy... it could be my favorite band if it had a diffrent vocalist.

Does anybody else think the same way i do???....

Yea..that's just what we need...another band with death metal vocals NOT! Warrel has one of the best voices in metal as far as I'm concerned. He's better than Geoff Tate and Rob Halford! I also wish there were more Sanctuary screams in Nevermore! Don't get me wrong...I LOVE death metal vox..I own a shitload of it...but if I want to listen to awesome range I break out the Nevermore..or Sanctuary!!

OK, now name your favourite death metal vocalist. mine used to be John Tardy, and then Glen Benton and Chris Barnes. Tardy is the most original, cuz nobody barks like that. et cetera... :err:
n/p Legion.

Ihreil>> what was that? Cypher? tell me more?

Yeah, the vocals are annoying as hell. The music is good, that's all.

when I thought of wanting growling, I meant more of a Gildenlow or Patton type thing, or yeah, as pyrus said, barlow style.... not so much death style, yo ..... i guess i missed those were the type of growls in question.. ha.. umm so... no death growls for nevermore, is what I would prefer ...

I don't have a favourite death vocalist, but Mikael Akerfeldt's growl is pretty good, same with Mike Stanne.