Attention Opethian bands, fans of progressive metal, etc.

Demonspell

cheating the polygraph
Apr 29, 2001
dead between the walls
www.ultimatemetal.com
I know that there are quite a few great unsigned bands (or recently signed, i.e. Farmakon) whose music has been spread through this forum, and the legendary recommend and rate a song thread was a superb example of this forum's commitment towards awareness of new music. In that spirit, I have opened a station at mp3.com as a companion to my recommendations column featured at UM, and I would like to feature some of the Opethian bands whose music is hosted there on it, as well as hear from the people on this forum of any other bands on mp3.com who I should check out and possibly include on the listening station, whose address is:

www.mp3.com/stations/songstowatch Many bands whom I discovered through this forum, such as Agalloch, Maudlin Of The Well, and Forest Stream, are featured.

Wow, "Opethenian bands", great idea.

The last thing I need to hear is people bitching about "Opeth clones" (I hear enough of that clone horseshit about the swedish metal scene), or even worse, actual Opeth knockoffs. Opeth are a special band because they are very unique...I don't think throwing a bunch of bands that sound similar out there is going to do wonders for their appeal.