attn: Avi

Arise seemed so cold and mechanical and scary when I first listened to it in the fifth grade or so. I remember seeing the video for the same-titled track a while later and I thought the post-apocalyptic thing was very well done. The broken english totally worked on that album too. "Religious Intervention - Problems Remain". I can't tell if it it's nostalgia or if that album actually has that atmosphere for other people too, but even when I listen to it now it totally blows me away.

Also, one album I can't listen to without air-drumming or headbanging is Helloween's 'Walls of Jericho'. I seriously don't care for any of their other albums (although Keeper 1 is ok) but this one is just all killer. It was the first metal record I bought myself, and to this day every time I play it I just go nuts. Many years later I realized that half of these lyrics are potentially hilariously bad, but only if you look at them with the eyes of a cynical adult. Back in fifth grade this stuff was dead serious and I prefer to stick with that mentality as far as this record goes.

avi, pm me if you want me to upload anything on it. Maybe Coroner? Masked Jackal is the best thrash song ever.

Bah decided to upload the complete Punishment for Decadence album besides the various loose thrash tracks. Minus the 12 second intro, which for some reason I've deleted.

man I've been spending most of the day doing laundry and learning teh first solo in War Ensemble cause we're recording it on sunday. it's a DUMB SOLO. stupid kerry king. but I've been totally thrashing around all day.

Most slayer solos are fastchromaticonetwothreefourfingerspinchharmonicdaaaAAAAAIIIiiive and then it's over. Nobody would have noticed if you made your own solo for the song and it'd probably be for the best too.

And mustasch rock.

Cool thread, brings back a lot of memories associated with those bands albums...as for the big thrash bands releasing their best stuff around 90-92, only RIP stands as my clear favorite (although SITA was my Slayer #1 for a while because I thought it had the best elements of the two previous classics on one disc), but it's hardly the only great release from that time.

I should probably take the time to rip a bunch of my old CDs, but anyhoo - I'll upload some more Anthrax and a few other gems for tomorrow's thrash attack.