goodbye for a bit, folkx

xfer

I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS
Nov 8, 2001
New York City
www.geocities.com
I'm off to hang out with my parents at their beach rental in Maine with Lisa and Aysha for awhile. We're leaving Saturday morning and will be back late Wednesday. I may or may not have a small degree of Internet access while we're there. I think Toby and Mia are coming up for a few days as well.

Sooo don't post so many worthless threads about attn: avi AIM NOW PLZ and the like that I throw up my hands and give up reading the stuff I missed when I get back!

llma425.jpg

lizard said:

Hey! I used to go to Provincetown (Cape Cod) quite often with my family as a kid. That's where I saw my first trannies. I was like "Hey, isn't she Tina Turner" and my mom answered "You mean, isn't he Tina Turner!" and they all laughed, and I was angry and confused 'cause I felt insulted without knowing why.

I also saw my first dildo there. It was hanging from the ceiling of some sort of adult store and hit me on the head when I walked by. Again, they laughed. :erk:

xfer: i'm guessing this is a sans-parents trip?

avi: i foresee trip to local homebrew shop and brewing adventures.

(also, avi: what should i brew for my wedding reception? i'm trying to think of something people might like- leaning towards a pale ale and a nut brown ale, maybe 1 other. i figured the nut brown would keep well since it's 3 months away and i wanted to start brewing in the next week or so- is the shelflife of a nut brown longer since it's less hoppy?)

I already have brewing supplies at the ready :)
am making a belgian tripple tomorrow (saison was bottled two weeks ago, still needs more time to age, but is gooooooooooooooood)
bottling ESB tomorrow as well.

I'd say a brown or pale would be just fine as they peak between 3-6 months, right? stay simple cuz it would suck to brew something and not have it work out right.

yeah, simple is what i'm going for. not too crazy on the flavors either, as i don't want someone hating it just because of the style. i figured a nice easy drinking pale ale with something other than cascades and then a nut brown (several of the more beer-savvy people who will be there like newcastle).

the belgian trappist i did is pretty good! just a bit over-carbonated to be as smooth as i expected, but that's probably my fault for adding in a bit of dry yeast with the pitchable tube or maybe putting a bit too much priming sugar in. i was totally afraid it wouldn't turn out right, but it did. probably needs more aging (only 1-2 months old), but good.

i read about a brutal bitter clone i want to try. that and this guy's Rye IPA from tastybrew.com - i think he mentioned Rogue was planning to launch a beer based on it. i'm still extract brewing though, so i need to work on converting those all grain recipes to extract.

anyway, have fun brewing while the woman's away!

oh, so this is like my florida visit this yr- parents were around, but we ventured out to nightlife (Harry A's). where my fiancee and stepsister were hit upon by drunk U of Michigan/Florida guys.

so what is Cape Cod nightlife like? when we were there, it was totally empty- it was easter and cold and nothing was open except one fudge/tshirt shop.

i dunno. fuck Cape Cod. there's a rivalry between people who vacation on the Cape and people who vacation on the Maine coast, and my family falls firmly on the Maine coast side. one year i went to a friend's house on the Cape for a weekend and my parents were very disappointed when they found out.

as for the Maine nightlife, uh...the thing I remember most is when Toby and I were like 14ish getting kicked out of a video arcade by some redneck dude. when we were like "why?!" the guy pointed at a sign that said NO METAL SHIRTS.

hello people this is an update from the coast of your state Maine. My name is Yvette and I am how you call an exchange student from France! I have met your Alex and also though I cannot say love at first sight is true it has happened!

I have explain to Alex that Driver is a French name, and he is embracing his inner frenchman as we speek! Also, in the subject of oral sex he is truly French! Mais Oui!

We have decided to sometime in the next year to move to Quebec and work for the Separatist movement.

That is all for now as my "Alexandre" is calling.