I went to Maine and all I got were these lousy pictures

xfer

I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS
Nov 8, 2001
New York City
www.geocities.com
...and a video!

I went up on Saturday with Aysha and my roommate Lisa. We met my parents and my uncle John at the house in Biddeford Pool, which they'd rented for the week. The house is right on the (rocky) shore, with a back porch overlooking the surf, and is suitably remote (not-yet-super-touristy in Biddeford, like Ogunquit was 20 years ago) so as to still be peaceful.

Here's the house from the back:

maine48.jpg

and the view from the porch...

maine47.jpg

maine49.jpg

maine50.jpg

maine51.jpg

maine36.jpg

maine35.jpg

maine55.jpg

and a video...

http://www.waxwingslain.com/images/maine.avi

We had a surprise guest...Eric, the son of my mother's college roommate, who had grown up with me and Toby and been our close friend as young kids before moving to Chile and later Argentina when we were about 8! He has been living in Florida for years and hadn't left the state in a long time, and since we hadn't seen him in nearly 15 years, he bought a last-minute ticket and came up to spend the week with us!

maine37.jpg

That's Eric on the right, as we all hang out on the porch (with my uncle, roommate, girlfriend, and mother also in the picture).

We sunned ourselves and read for a couple of days, and feasted mightily on lobsters and steamers and such for dinner. I managed to convince Aysha to try lobster and clam chowder and mango-habanero shrimp and, although she usually despises seafood, she liked them all!

It got kind of grey and rainy after a couple of days, and we ventured to Kennebunkport to make Bush jokes and play golf (well...pitch 'n' putt. this was the second time I'd ever used a golf club, the first being last year's pitch 'n' putt, but I still did relatively okay, I think). We wanted to go on a deep-sea fishing trip, but there wasn't much that was affordable and could accomodate the number of people we needed it to accomodate, so it didn't happen.

At some point Toby arrived, yet managed to escape picture-taking. I had to work today, so me, Toby, Eric, and Aysha drove down to Boston, where Eric poked around Boston for his first time ever and Toby went off to Kayo Dot practise and I went to get a haircut. Then he went back to Maine, leaving me here to slave away in the library. Sigh.

I did manage to get a picture of the exceedingly tall Eric standing next to the exceedingly not-tall Mia, though!

maine59.jpg

Eric and I almost got arrested for trespassing by a bunch of fucking Canadians!

Okay, really, we went bicycling around the bay, and came upon this old, giant house...four stories tall, looked like an old dormitory or really old hospital or something, lots of windows, beautiful grounds...out front was a Canadian flag and no other flags!

It turned out to be a retreat house for an order of French-Canadian nuns. One of them espied us circling the house photographing it (only Eric got pics, not me) and smiled and told us it was private property and to please get the hell out.

Holy crap! Over here, French-Canadian nuns are equated to fucking demons! They're, like, the scourge of whole generations of Quebeckers!!

Great pics by the way. Except for that one where you look like an escaped mental patient.