Attn: Black Sabbath fans

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Check out this beauty I picked up at a used CD store:
sabbath-1.jpg

This is a 4CD box set compilation.
Best part is that all tracks are remastered.
I know all the Ozzy albums were remastered on the BLACK BOX.
This compilation takes select cuts chronologically from BLACK SABBATH all the way through to ETERNAL IDOL.

Sure, it is not complete, but nice to have some of the post-Ozzy material remastered, esp the Gillan tracks!!!

Here is the track listing:
Disc 1
1. Black Sabbath
2. The Wizard
3. N.I.B
4. Evil Woman
5. Wicked World
6. War Pigs
7. Paranoid
8. Iron Man
9. Planet Caravan
10. Hand Of Doom
11. Sweet Leaf
12. After Forever
13. Children Of The Grave

Disc 2
1. Into The Void
2. Lord Of This World
3. Orchid
4. Supernaut
5. Tomorrow's Dream
6. Wheels of Confusion
7. Changes
8. Snowblind
9. Laguna Sunrise
10. Cornucopia [Live]
11. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
12. Killing Yourself to Live
13. Hole in the Sky
14. Am I Going Insane (Radio) [Radio Edit]

Disc 3
1. The Writ
2. Symptom of the Universe
3. Dirty Women
4. Back Street Kids
5. Rock & Roll Doctor
6. She's Gone
7. Hard Road
8. Never Say Die
9. Neon Knights
10. Heaven and Hell
11. Die Young
12. Lonely Is the Word

Disc 4
1. Turn Up the Light
2. Sign of the Southern Cross
3. Falling off the Edge of the World
4. Mob Rules [Live]
5. Voodoo [Live]
6. Digital Bitch
7. Trashed
8. Hot Line
9. In for the Kill
10. Seventh Star
11. Heart Like a Wheel
12. Shining
13. Eternal Idol

Yes, I should have further clarified.
This box set is released by CASTLE COMMUNICATIONS.
In the mid to late 90s, they did remastered reissues of their entire catalog, through Eternal Idol.

There is one Live at Last track, and you can figure out the Live Evil tracks, from the track listing.

Also, comes with a cool full color 40-something page book.

It's interesting, as they thank Sharon in the liner notes for her support on this project.

I was always under the impression that the Castle reissues were not 100% authorized by the band (It's either that or the remastering wasn't completely authorized).

Either way, the remastering is done VERY well.
Best part for me is the clarity of Geezer's bass lines.

There's still some awesome stuff on that album though. I have to admit that "The Fallen" (a song that didn't make it to the album) is probably better than any song on the album though... Has some awesome Ian Gillan screaming and a badass Iommi riff and solo.

I have a remastered version of Born Again that came out in '05, it's an import and it sounds really good compared to the other cd I had from like 1990. You can probably find it on ebay or amazon.

Yea, Vegetaman is right.
Those tracks are from LIVE EVIL.

Once again, CASTLE Remastered every release (including Live at Last and Live Evil) in 1986.

Saladbar - There is a remaster of Evil Live. I believe they cut off a track or two to fit on one CD.

I tell you... The vinyl sounds better than the 2-CD set I have. So much fuller and richer sounding.

I think my copies of Born Again and Seventh Star are 1996 Castle Remasters, judging by the coverarts and CDs themselves being so... Shiny. And my autographed copy of Paranoid is a 1996 Castle Remaster, I believe. My original copy of Paranoid, however, is not.

I also enjoyed Iommi's part "And the church burned down. It had absolutely nothing to do with us. But the church burned down."

That man is so hilarious without even trying. It's just the way he says stuff.