Born Again
Tyr
The Eternal Idol
Never Say Die!
Technical Ecstacy
Cross Purposes
Forbidden

Did I miss any?

I'm listening to 13 for the first time and it all seems familiar; did they do a tribute album for their own music like Iron Maiden did with Book Of Souls?

1.Master of Reality
2.Sabotage
3.Black Sabbath
4.Sabbath bloody Sabbath
5.Heaven & Hell
6.Paranoid
7.Vol 4
8.Never Say Die
10.Mob Rules
11.Born Again
12.Technical Ecstasy
13.Dehuminizer
14.The Devil you Know
15.Headless Cross
16.The Eternal Idol
17.Cross Purposes
18.Seventh Star
19.Tyr
20.Forbidden
and my ranking \m/

1. Black Sabbath
2. Paranoid
3. Vol 4
4. Dehumanizer
5. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
6. Heaven And Hell
7. Master Of Reality
8. Headless Cross
9. Technical Ecstasy
10. Sabotage
11. Tyr
12. Born Again
13. Mob Rules
14. Never Say Die
15. 13
16. The Eternal Idol
17. Cross Purposes
18. Forbidden
19. Seventh Star

I am going to have to listen to all of the Black Sabbath albums again in order to do this list.

I am going to have to listen to all of the Black Sabbath albums again in order to do this list.

That must be around 13-14 hours of music. Have fun and don't forget play at Volume 11...

The one thing about Sabbath records is how different each recording sounds up to The Tony Martin era. I always thought that was kinda odd.

I am listening to the pnes that I can't remember good so I can do the list soon. :kickass::kickass:

Paranoid
Black Sabbath
Master of Reality
Volume 4
Heaven and Hell
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Dehumanizer
Mob Rules
Born Again
Headless Cross
Sabotage
Tyr
The Eternal Idol
Technical Ecstacy
Never Say Die
Cross Purposes
Forbidden
Seventh Star

I haven't heard them all lately, but, these are the top few, IMO

1. Sabotage
2. Heaven and Hell
3. Volume 4
4. Mob Rules

I haven't heard them all lately, but, these are the top few, IMO

1. Sabotage
2. Heaven and Hell
3. Volume 4
4. Mob Rules

YOU HAVEN'T HEARD THEM ALL?

What the fuck?

Solid list for what you have heard though. Check out the rest of the Ozzy era albums.

Heaven And Hell was my no.1 trip song when I used to take durgs but Black Sabbath is my favourite album

Of ALL the songs that could have been your trip song, you chose Heaven and Hell?! For gods sakes, there are songs like Planet Caravan, Sweet Leaf, and E5150 that would work better (I don't do drugs, and never have).

As for my ranking, I'd say that I like some of the Post-Ozzy albums better than the Ozzy albums.

1. Mob Rules (10/10)
  2. Heaven and Hell (10/10)
  3. Tyr (9.5/10)
  4. Headless Cross (9.5/10)
  5. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (9/10)
  6. Seventh Star (8.5/10)
  7. Paranoid (8.5/10)
  8. Master of Reality (8/10)
  9. Vol. 4 (8/10)
  10. 13 (8/10)
  11. Cross Purposes (7.5/10)
  12. The Eternal Idol (7.5/10)
  13. Black Sabbath (7/10)
  14. Dehumanizer (6.5/10)
  15. Sabotage (6.5/10)
  16. Born Again (6/10)
  17. Forbidden (6/10)
  18. Technical Ecstasy (5/10)
  19. Never Say Die (4/10)

I respect everyone's opinion, but I must disagree. While I would cringe to the end of the earth if Sabbath had ever done some sort of sappy love song, but they have always done slower paced dark ballads. "Dying For Love" is among the best. Generally speaking, Ronnie Dio was the greatest metal singer ever to live, but Tony Martin could give him a run for his money on that kind of stuff. The music and guitar tone was sometimes bizarre though in the Martin era. They seemed to be stuck between trying to sound modern and classic. Tony made up for it some though. He was an extremely underrated singer.

Bryant

I think neither Gillan/Martin nor the music from those periods were a good fit for Sabbath, so it's a double blow for that stuff. I want to like Seventh Star because Glenn's voice has great character on the album, but most of the music is lacklustre.

Born Again and Seventh Star were only released under Sabbath's name due to pressure from the label, and so the name got dragged on from there. The albums with Martin might as well be a different band. He has an ideal voice for AOR and sounds awkward doing the old Sabbath stuff live. Trent Reznor has done dark ballads too but doesn't necessarily mean he'd be a good fit!

1 Black Sabbath
2 Master of Reality
3 Paranoid
4 Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
5 Vol 4
6 Sabotage

After that I don't have much of an opinion. Don't care much for the Dio era, although Dehumanizer is a real diamond in the rough. If Dio sung like that all the time I'd be a much bigger fan of his.