GMD Poll: Black Sabbath’s Discography Ranked

I did not contribute to this thread simply because I cannot rank this bands albums as they are arguably my all-time favorite band - hence the user name. Having said that, I totally agree with @TechnicalBarbarity about his comment on Born Again and I cannot understand the hate that Seventh Star gets. I guess if I had to pick a #1, I wouldn't argue with what was chosen as Paranoid does contain the immortal classics. :kickass:

I don’t consider the Martin and Hughes albums Black Sabbath. In reality Black Sabbath to me is IommI, Butler, Ozzy and Geezer, the original Sab Four.

Last edited:
Black Sabbath S/T
Paranoid
Master of Reality
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Sabotage
Vol. 4
Technical Ecstasy
Never Say Die!
Born Again
Heaven and Hell
Mob Rules
The Devil You Know
Dehumanizer

Bands change lineups sometimes, scary stuff. I don't like the Martin and Hughes albums much, but most of them are ok, apart from Cross Purposes which goes in a weird funky/alternative direction.

I don't think you can call yourself a fanatic of a band if you don't listen to all their albums, even the ones you think are bad/shouldn't exist. That's part of the entertainment.

Bands change lineups sometimes, scary stuff. I don't like the Martin and Hughes albums much, but most of them are ok, apart from Cross Purposes which goes in a weird funky/alternative direction.

I don't think you can call yourself a fanatic of a band if you don't listen to all their albums, even the ones you think are bad/shouldn't exist. That's part of the entertainment.
Black Sabbath to me is the original Sab four, I'll consider the Dio and Gillan albums as Sabath but the rest are IommI solo albums, so Yes I am a Sabbath fanatic, the real Sabbath.

Reactions: zerostatic
You're such a harsh bitch :p
I liked the Gillan album. I don't give a shit if most people didn't like it, or didn't think it was real Black Sabbath.

You're such a harsh bitch :p
I liked the Gillan album. I don't give a shit if most people didn't like it, or didn't think it was real Black Sabbath.
I love the entire Gillan/Sabbath album Born Again, and consider it Black Sabbath.

And don't no one get me wrong, I do like the Martin and Hughes albums, they're just not Sabbath, with one original member in the band, those post Gillan albums don't even sound like Sabbath.

Thank god.

Oh no, some spastic called me an arsehole.
I could see you like to start trouble, but that’s cool, everyone's entitled to their opinion, if you consider the Hughes album and Martin albums Sabbath,more power to you and I apologize for calling you a retard and asshole.

Last edited: