GMD Poll: Black Sabbath’s Discography Ranked

#14 The Devil You Know (2009)

228522.jpg

Average points per vote: 7.55/20

The Devil You Know. Legit. Heavy as fuck.

Last edited:
#9 Dehumanizer (1993)

Winner of the "Their Best Album Since..." trophy

529.jpg

Average points per vote: 10/20

Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer is the heaviest album of all time

This album is just pure sonic heaviness from start to finish.

The album doesn't start off softly. "Computer God" is a very energetic intro to the album with dominating ear piercing guitars with some of the heaviest riffery ever and Dio proves that his voice is suitable for such a heavy sound. Then we have a slower song which makes the loud .guitar sound more dominating. Track 3 "TV Crimes" is the most energetic song on the album but the loud guitar sound is reduced by the fast pace of the song. Tracks 4-7 are all energetic with a loud distinctive dominating guitar sound matched with suitable vocals. We then have a break from the heaviness with Too Late which is preparing you for the heaviest song on the album. "I" is skull crushingly heavy and will make your ears bleed. Pretty much in the same style as the rest of the album, what makes this song so heavy is the way the guitars dominate after lyrics like "I smash your face in". I'd even go as far as to say that "I" was the heaviest song of all time.

What do you think? and if you don't think it's the heaviest album of all time then please give a suitable reason and an album which is heavier.

ps - Please don't respond to this message if you've never heard this album and only associate Sabbath with Ozzy and 70's Rock.

Last edited:
#4 Black Sabbath (1970)

482.jpg

Average points per vote: 15.3/20

Listened to the debut album earlier tonight, after all these years after first hearing Sabbath it still rules. Sabbath were such a big deal in the development of my musicical taste, the fact that it's been 40 years since Ozzy, Tony, Geezer and Bill spearheaded this style that we all know and love is a real big deal for me. I can only imagine what it was like to be in a record store in 1970, see that album cover, buy the record, take it home and push play. I don't care what other bands people mention, nothing at that point in time was ever that dark, that HEAVY. "What is this that stand's before me? The answer is BLACK SABBATH

Last edited:
Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity