attn: goatschool

Baliset

guitar deity
Jul 31, 2002
New England
www.maudlinofthewell.com
since the discussions last week on the board i have been contemplating the idea of a zombie fighting a shark. i mean REALLY contemplating it as in the physics of the fight and what would attract a zombie to a shark and if the zombie bit the shark would it become a zombie shark? and if it did become a zombie shark would it infect all undersea life into zombified sea creatures and how scary the thought of having this huge world of nothing but completely zombified creatures really is.

that really horrfies me

actually minx and i just got off the phone discussing this very thing, and i would reference the old BCO threads that discussed this @ length if they still existed.

basically, we don't know. i had a different convo w/ a friend just last week and we both concluded that a zombie world wouldn't be such for very long - 1 year tops, because the rate of infection would plateau and everything would just putrefy. no?

i wouldn't watch any sort of movie written by xfer w/o a fricking bible and thirty shots of jim beam. goddamnnnnnnnn.

i think a (generic, psuedo-romero) zombie would bite a shark for the fuck of it. the shark would return the favor for similar reasons. both would swim a way, a little lighter than before, for no reason whatsoever.

goatschool said:
i think a (generic, psuedo-romero) zombie would bite a shark for the fuck of it. the shark would return the favor for similar reasons. both would swim a way, a little lighter than before, for no reason whatsoever.
:wave:

Zombie shreds face on moving sharks skin because they rarely stop moving, lack of a bladder used for flotation you see.

I'm just thinking unless zombie comes upon shark while its sleeping (unlikely, sharks sleep at a level deep enough in the ocean where the pressure would crush the zombie, assuming he is a common non-magically enhanced zombie, not a zombie lord that's used a potion of barkskin) that the shark moves too fast for the zombie to get a grip on the shark and then bite it and if the zombie bites a a moving shark its face gets shredded off or it gets slapped with a tail fin.

I always theorized that it was passed in saliva, so I'm thinking that though its skin is composed of denticles that it isn't.

I'm going to say some of them froth and drool, I'd almost argue that it would be upregulated since they regard everything as food and since their normal neural wiring is intact though slowly degenerating, if the have constant hunger, they have constant salivary secretion from the parotid, sublingual and submandibular glands.

Well, a component of natural saliva is lysozyme, are you implying however, that the fluid leaking from the mouth is actually ICF? In which case, my arguement still holds, whatever lysed the cells is inevitably caught, at least partially in the outward flow of liquid into the wound, meaning the pathogen, whether it be cellular, viral, prion, even abiotic, or ethereal/ magical, it may be carried by the liquid flow from the mouth.