attn: the irish of the board

Mick Moss

antimonger
Apr 12, 2002
www.antimatter.tk
do you have 'bo selecta' tv series on your telly?

selecta4.jpg

Nah, sure we only got Fools and horses recently, that del boy is a right wag. :Smug:

course we do, we get the english channels over here.
well eeerrrmmm...except i dont at the moment. i think NTL copped on that we'd been getting all our channels for free and cut em all off except rte and network2 :ill:

mate, the brits are masters of tv comedy.

you dont want to know the utter shite that are irish sit coms. RTE actually TURNED DOWN father ted so the makers went to channel four, that says it all

Yeah I remember some of the stuff on the telly in the lads's house, less funny than a funeral. I never ever got into Father Ted. Brit comedy does rule the roost - Monty Python / League Of Gentlemen / BlackAdder / Kenny Everett / The Goodies / Fawlty Towers / Bo Selecta / The Young Ones / Bottom / Harry Enfield / BrassEye / Little Britain .. ace ace ace. American is shart.

Father Ted is the best BBC comedy so far, it's a shame Ted (his real life name escapes me at the moment) had to pass so soon. Black Adder is probably the next best (Because the series continued into different eras of british history - brilliant idea!) I guess no good britcom would have been the same without Monty Python, yet I don't find myself watching it that much.

/yeah, its channel fours :Spin: . dermot morgan was famous over here for years for a radio show where he did impressions ripping the piss out of the govt, it was a huge success but they reckon RTE pulled the plug cos the politicians started getting upset o_O

actually, the greatest irish cult comedy is podge and rodge. theyre two little sicko brother puppets who tell short cautionary tales from the bed they share in an old mansion along with their infested cat, Pox. When one of em gets excited about Mary Black he starts fiddling with himself under the covers. they were let loose in a lapdancing club for their xmas special. classic :tickled:
Ive no idea how they've lasted this long on RTE, theyre sick little bastards

"are ye gonna put the cat out??"
"nah leave em burning, theres still a bit of heat left in him" :Spin:

http://www.murtdog.com/podge

Ooh, that's what Strangelight keeps posting whenever he refers to you and himself. Ballydung Manor, haha.

So you're actually twin brothers o_O

I know Ireland is supposed to be one of the more expensive countries in Europe, but if the life quality is higher (great nature) does this make it a good place to relocate to? What do you Irish reckon? Will I, an English bloke, be accepted? At least if I get any stick, I can only agree, because I know how dodgy English history is - and present!
Is Dublin the place? Or at least within easy reach. What about Cork?
I am thinking of moving there in the summer. Anyone willing to give us any helpful info? Cool flats to rent and stuff.
Cheers.

ahh youll be accepted once you dont go around saying the english are great!!! im english, hear me roar!! you know what i mean? quality of life... i dont really know about that... i hate this place but then again ive been here all my life.

dublin is expensive as fuck, rent is skyhigh food is pricey and the city is turning to shit. Could just be my view cos im from dublin tho, young patterson says the same about liverpool but i didnt see it. However if you're getting your readies in sterling then the exchange rate is gonna be a plus.

If you like the nature/countryside/rural vibe then the south and west coasts are really good and cheaper to live in than dublin. Clare and Galway in the wesht, kerry and cork in the south.

As the english thing...bleh like Steven said, most people wont really care, people are people wherever you go.. Towns like galway were packed with hippies, crusties etc from the UK so people are well used to em (or sick of em depending on how they look at it lol). Down south in cork/kerry might be a little different. theres been a huge influx of wealthy brits. Germans etc buying land there so some of the locals are a bit mebbed about it. best bet is to spend a week or two having a look around the country and see what you like

I'd say if you dont mind being far from dublin, Clare and Galway are great places to live. some truly beautiful countryside, nice pace of life and theres good towns to live in

yogidaz said:
I know Ireland is supposed to be one of the more expensive countries in Europe, but if the life quality is higher (great nature) does this make it a good place to relocate to? What do you Irish reckon? Will I, an English bloke, be accepted? At least if I get any stick, I can only agree, because I know how dodgy English history is - and present!
Is Dublin the place? Or at least within easy reach. What about Cork?
I am thinking of moving there in the summer. Anyone willing to give us any helpful info? Cool flats to rent and stuff.
Cheers.

of course you'll be accepted, you'll have no bother, bambi knows all the watering holes too... its a good old spot aye, though expensive it can be

heres two sites for flats/houses in Dublin, www.daft.ie, www.let.ie

ill be in town, from March onwards, its looking, so if you need a place to base while you venture about, give us a shout, 2 of us are getting a 4-5 bed house for 3 heads, thats the plan anyway, as we deffo need an extra room for certain equipment, though a basement would be sound for that, if it can be found

as for Cork, i hear its alright, not familiar with it

bambi, youre just bitter

but yea the country, cant be beaten, im just thinking as far as work goes, ideally id go to kerry to be up in the hills, but at the moment its impossible for mise

zupi_clone said:
of course you'll be accepted, you'll have no bother, bambi knows all the watering holes too... its a good old spot aye, though expensive it can be

heres two sites for flats/houses in Dublin, www.daft.ie, www.let.ie

ill be in town, from March onwards, its looking, so if you need a place to base while you venture about, give us a shout, 2 of us are getting a 4-5 bed house for 3 heads, thats the plan anyway, as we deffo need an extra room for certain equipment, though a basement would be sound for that, if it can be found

as for Cork, i hear its alright, not familiar with it
Nah I dont know where to drink in dublin these days, i dont like town much anymore

he he im looking around on daft.ie the last while for a place too, fucking prices on some apts is mental, you can get a 4 bed house in clare for 750 a month and you'd pay that for a one bed apt in ballymun ffs!! sharing is deffo the way to go in dublin if yer dat way inclined.

One thing about living out in the arsehole of a mountain is
a)work
b) you better be driving and
c) it gets cold and isolated in the winter

i'll tell ya a horror story about kerry too: my cousin moved down there with the wife and kids to a rural area, he was back outta there in a few months cos the locals didnt like blowins from dublin and treated em like lepers. Although his missus is a right weapon so i dont blame the culchies for hating on em :tickled: